[REMOVE ADS]

Gladys Knight & Pips - Tracks Of My Tears

One of my favourite versions of this song is by Gladys Knight & the Pips. I happened to be listening to it on youtube and up pops this other version which is a live performance. I was thrilled. I thought I'd post it here as I hadn't seen it mentioned on SDF and it's such a great feel-good performance.

I hope you enjoy.

First the recorded version.

And the performance version which I am loving...

Tbfxt - Your studio version seems to be restricted in the U.S. but the live version comes through just great. Gladys is sure enjoying herself, and so am I. It's a fun--and certainly surprising--spin on a beautiful, sad song that somehow has its own magic here. Approach can sometimes be everything--and this live version has a terrific one. Thank you for this true treat of a posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah2 View Post
    Tbfxt - Your studio version seems to be restricted in the U.S. .
    I wonder if this one will work ...

I love just about anything by Miss Knight and this version of "Tracks Of My Tears" is no exception. Motown must have had some faith in it as well as they put it on the "B" side of her big hit "If I Were Your Woman".

Did I really see a U.S. President and his wife in the audience for that "live" version!!??

Roger

Never seen the live version before. Love it. Thanks, tbfxt.

The live version is from a PBS special that Gladys filmed at the White House.

Thank you Roger. Your posting is up and running. Much appreciated.

supremester Guest
    i love this! Thanks for posting it. I didn't care for the 45 - as much as I love the song and Gladys, there was just too much Pips on it for me. This is wonderful!

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    And the performance version which I am loving...

Too much Pips? You can never get enough Pips in my book. With Gladys, of course