[REMOVE ADS]

Marvin Gaye and Brenda Holloway ?

They could have been electric singing duets. I wonder if there was any thought of putting them together. They did fly Brenda into Detroit to record sometimes. I wonder why they never recorded together. Just curious.

Not sure about studio duets, but she did fill in for Tammi on stage a few times. Would of love to hear how they sounded together.

Thx jb. Never knew that.

RossHolloway Guest
    Did Brenda record any duets while signed to Motown? That's a great question. Most of the female solo artist signed in the early-mid 60's recorded duets: Mary Wells, Kim Weston, Tammi Terrell, Oma Page, Blinky, Yvonne Fair. It seems logical that Brenda would have recorded some as well.

Brenda didn't record with Marvin but I heard they were friends though. Brenda was another one of those women crazy about Marvin...which is understandable lol

She did record "Come Into My Palace" with sister Patrice.

I would have loved it as well. Marvin & Tammi were scheduled at Illinois State U in fall of '67 but we got Marvin & Barbara Randolph. She was good, but she was not Tammi Terrell or, almost equally, Brenda. What a show that could have been.
    Quote Originally Posted by jboy88 View Post
    Not sure about studio duets, but she did fill in for Tammi on stage a few times. Would of love to hear how they sounded together.

I did see Marvin and Brenda in San Francisco Motortown Revue 67

RossHolloway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by 762rob View Post
    I did see Marvin and Brenda in San Francisco Motortown Revue 67
    Do you recall who else was on the Motortown Reveue?

I can hear them doing Youve Made Me So Very Happy-trading those lines back and forth--the others were untrue...but when it came to loving you...

Name:  20240210_154417.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  83.2 KB

A picture from the spanish CD edition of the Marvin Gaye / Mary Wells Together album .
    Last edited by mjdestiny; 02-11-2024 at 05:02 AM.

Brenda Holloway & the Supremes "Going To a Go Go" from: A Cellarful Of Motown! Volume 3. [[Disc 2)

Also 1963 Think it's also from Motown, Brenda Holloway & Jess Harris "Gonna Make You Mine". If not Motown then a stunning Cd set from Ace.

Name:  DSC_0293.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  87.0 KB
    Last edited by Graham Jarvis; 02-10-2024 at 01:54 PM.