[REMOVE ADS]

Mellissa Harris-Perry...Motown The Musicall! Right Now!!!!

.....on MSNBC

All over.....

For those who missed it [[and that includes me), check it out here:

http://tv.msnbc.com/2013/06/02/tony-...s-to-nerdland/

...nerdland indeed.

Initially, I was very glad to see your posting, Chidrummer, as I had hoped for the chance to see this. But it turned out to be not at all what I had expected from what I had thought MH-P's show was about. I thought there might be a mix of critics discussing viewpoints of M the M. But that was not the case. Having guests on who are tied to the show and proceed to tell you how terrific the show is quickly turned the segment into a promo, just an advertisement for M the M. Add MH-P's zeal and fervor about it--plus the 'nerdland' remark as you've already pointed out--and I was taken aback by what I was seeing and hearing. I think MH-P is extremely bright and insightful. She's no fool . . . but she seems to play one on TV from time to time. M the M received a great deal of advance publicity and to its opening night. Surely the mixed reviews that the show received--especially for a show being touted as a cultural event--warranted a serious discussion about the critical reactions to it. And I thought MH-P might just be the one to have such a discussion on her show. Very disappointing but I thank you for the opportunity to see what transpired.
    Last edited by Methuselah2; 06-03-2013 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah2 View Post
    Initially, I was very glad to see your posting, Chidrummer, as I had hoped for the chance to see this. But it turned out to be not at all what I had expected from what I had thought MH-P's show was about. I thought there might be a mix of critics discussing viewpoints of M the M. But that was not the case. Having guests on who are tied to the show and proceed to tell you how terrific the show is quickly turned the segment into a promo, just an advertisement for M the M. Add MH-P's zeal and fervor about it--plus the 'nerdland' remark as you've already pointed out--and I was taken aback by what I was seeing and hearing. I think MH-P is extremely bright and insightful. She's no fool . . . but she seems to play one on TV from time to time. M the M received a great deal of advance publicity and to its opening night. Surely the mixed reviews that the show received--especially for a show being touted as a cultural event--warranted a serious discussion about the critical reactions to it. And I thought MH-P might just be the one to have such a discussion on her show. Very disappointing but I thank you for the opportunity to see what transpired.
    It must be so tiring to be Jupiter.