[REMOVE ADS]

The Five Johnson Brothers

Looking for any info on the Five J's/Johnson brothers who recorded for Fulton/Carrie....group member names,pictures,etc...ANY help would highly be appreciated

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  21.1 KB
    There's virtually nothing on The Internet on the Five Johnson Brothers/Five J's, other than what I've written. They were local detroiters signed by Charles Fulton to his record label. I've never seen anything written about them, and never seen their individual names or group regular musical parts [[e.g. lead/backup, tenor, baritone, bass, etc.).

Have you talked to Marv Goldberg about them? I don't believe he has written any articles about them, per se. But he has written about The Five Jets, Royal Jokers/Serenaders and other '50s Detroit groups, which may have made some information on them available to him.

Thanks a bunch Robb.....truly appreciated......btw....long time no talk....hope all is well with you

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  21.1 KB
    All is well with me.

I can say that The Five Johnson Brothers had sung Gospel music before their Fulton releases. They may have been members in a Gospel group or choir who recorded for James Hendrix before their secular Fulton releases. They also recorded as the backup group for Cornell Blakely on both his Fulton releases. I believe that I read that they really were ALL actual brothers [[unlike The Knight Brothers, Soul Brothers, Righteous Brothers, Freeman Brothers, etc., and groups with mostly brothers and a cousin or two).