[REMOVE ADS]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The Supremes Canadian Connection

It's always interesting for me to discover a Canadian connection to Diana Ross & The Supremes. After following the Cindy Birdsong thread and discovering interviews and photos of the groups Expo '67 shows, I was very surprised to discover that it was not their only appearance at the world fair.

Name:  ImageProxy.mvc.jpeg
Views: 1409
Size:  7.3 KB

The Supremes [[L to R: Florence Ballard,Mary Wilson, and Diana Ross) performing "The Happening," broadcast live from Expo 67 on The Ed Sullivan Show on May 7, 1967.

The Ed Sullivan Show
    was broadcast live on May 7 and May 21 from Expo 67. Stars on the shows included America's The Supremes, Britain's Petula Clark and Australia's The Seekers.

The fair was visited by many of the most notable people of the day including Queen Elizabeth II, Lyndon Johnson, Princess Grace, Jacqueline Kennedy, Robert F. Kennedy, Ethiopia's emperor Haile Selassie, Charles de Gaulle, Bing Crosby, Harry Belafonte, Maurice Chevalier, Maharishi Mahesh Yogi and Marlene Dietrich.

And here is another rare photo I stumbled upon, circa 1969.

Name:  ImageProxy.mvc.jpg
Views: 1385
Size:  11.7 KB

DIANA ROSS & THE SUPREMES!

Diana Ross & The Supremes embark on an Air Canada flight in Los Angeles destined to Toronto, en route to play a show in Kitchener, Ontario.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by R. Mark Desjardins; 05-26-2013 at 09:56 PM.