[REMOVE ADS]

Thought I'd share this live Syreeta Soul Train performance

I love this song so very much. I haven't seen this posted. Syreeta is clearly singing over a backing track....and amazingly so...enjoy!

RossHolloway Guest
    I've always liked that song by Syreeta. Thanks for posting.

love that whole album! what a talent! she and stevie were so great together.

I saw this while ago. A shame Stevie didn't push Motown to promote her though. I'm a little upset by that.

There are probably a lot of folks that may disagree but I always felt Syretta sounded better under other writers.

Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    There are probably a lot of folks that may disagree but I always felt Syretta sounded better under other writers.
    I always thought she sounded great when Leon Ware produced her! Stevie made her go all Janet Jackson lmao

Syreeta sounded great on anything she did. She was one of BG's best female vocalists in my opinion. I will agree that the material she did with Stevie...especially that first album, was not very commercial. The second set was better. Finally going into the 80s working with other Motown producers, Syreeta really shined. Quick Slick should have been a much bigger hit.

^ Yeah but least she got better promo with that than what she got during the 1970s... it was almost non-existent. Tamla-Motown did promote her in the UK though.

Makes me wonder how many of these performances on ST were really live, this one is not!

Quote Originally Posted by jack020 View Post
    Makes me wonder how many of these performances on ST were really live, this one is not!
    Not too many ST performances were live and I think there was a reason for why. Patti LaBelle for instance only lipped once on the show [[with Bobby Womack) but sung live throughout most of her appearances on the show between 1975 and 1994. The Isley Brothers lipped in their 1972 and 1973 performances but performed all the way live in 1974.

Aretha Franklin sung live on ST the first time she was on it in 1973 but lipped afterwards [[1976 and 1979) but she did sing live during a "piano jam" session with Don and Smokey.

Stevie lipped it mostly but sung live in his 1979 and 1991 appearances. Marvin lipped. The Tempts lipped. The Four Tops lipped. The Supremes sung "Bad Weather" live in their '73 performance but lipped everything else.

Lip synching on Soul Train was more common than actual live performances.

Quote Originally Posted by jack020 View Post
    Of course it is.

Quote Originally Posted by midnight johnny View Post
    Of course it is.
    You think it's live? LOL

Hard to know what was originally televised. But what's heard now with this clip is Syreeta's recording of the tune. No doubt about it. It's an enjoyable clip, none the less.