[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I am the engineer for The Motion Picture Academy's "Oscars Outdoors" outside screening facility right in Hollywood three blocks south of Sunset and Vine.
    Last Thursday we screened a pre-release of "20 Feet From Stardom" ! What a treat!
    But what was special is that we had Judith Hill singing at the grand piano on the lawn and then the Watters family and then Merry Clayton to knock it out of the park. At the end they all sang together in an impromptu acapella tune. Switching from screening mode to live performance mode was a bit of a challenge but all worked out quite well!
    Go see the movie. The joy of music is showcased here in a genuine and unique presentation. Mixing this live got my heart started as I really wanted the live performance to not be overwhelmed by the previous soundtrack. It wasn't. It turned out great. Weinstein Pictures doesn't pick stinkers. This is the real deal!
    Go see this picture!
    Cheers,
    Jay