[REMOVE ADS]

Wanted [[and much needed): An O'Jays box set

I have my Backstabbers, Ship Ahoy, Message in the Music, O'Jays in Philadelphia, So Full of Love, Family Reunion, and other albums. What I really need -- and can't believe there's not one out there -- is a box set. I have my Collector's Items if I want to bring along the hits. But I want a box set. Barring music label lawsuits, this is something long past due. You start with the fine early stuff when they were a 5-person group, go to the early Philly years, then their hay-day on PIR, and some of the later stuff. Should be good enough for 3 discs, IMO. The Spinners have a nice 3-disc box set. The Temptations have an excellent all-encompassing "Emporers of Soul" 5-CD set. Please, someone -- anyone -- put together an O'Jays box set.

Oh wouldn't that be incredible?! I still have all my old vinyl O'Jays albums dating back to 1969 and "One Night Affair". I would to have a box set on the O'Jays [[and the Stylistics for that matter.)

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Oh wouldn't that be incredible?! I still have all my old vinyl O'Jays albums dating back to 1969 and "One Night Affair". I would to have a box set on the O'Jays [[and the Stylistics for that matter.)
    I

It's incredible there is no box set of The O'Jays. I wish someone could make this happen. Every year there's a new greatest hits or 2-CD compilation. That's fine but a box set is still needed. Yes, I'd buy a Stylistics one, too.

Who needs a box set when you got it all anyway?

[[unless there are bonus tracks, alternate versions, etc... and I mean beyond "single edits")

Quote Originally Posted by jtf1972 View Post

[[unless there are bonus tracks, alternate versions, etc... and I mean beyond "single edits")
    I don't have a lot of the early stuff and sometimes it's just cool to put on a CD that spans different years without having to get up and change it. But good point. I'd like to see one, however.

Quote Originally Posted by jtf1972 View Post

I agree. An O'Jays boxed set is not really needed. There are numerous collections/sets out there devoted to the O'Jays. If you love the O'Jays, you just buy their stuff wherever and however it appears.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 05-01-2013 at 07:35 PM.