[REMOVE ADS]

The Spinners perform as a four..

Interesting. I need more than a moment to adjust to this.

Interesting indeed......wish I knew who they were....besides Henry.......

Quote Originally Posted by paladin View Post
    Interesting indeed......wish I knew who they were....besides Henry.......
    I saw them with Bobby Smith in concert 2 years ago. All I know is in 1974 when I first saw the Spinners, all of the group members were wayyyy older than me! Imagine my surprise when I was sitting there in 2011 and I was suddenly older than most of the group! LOL!!!!

That was hard to watch. This is not the group that I loved to listen to and watch in the seventies

I wish some of these groups would get members who are older. I'll just leave it at that....

Jesse Peck is the bass, Marvin Taylor is a tenor, lead singer is Charlton Washington, and Henry remains ... all cool guys. Yes, it's much different now. They're auditioning for a 5th, I'd like to see them bring back G.C. Cameron for a third time ... but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by tsull1 View Post
    Jesse Peck is the bass, Marvin Taylor is a tenor, lead singer is Charlton Washington, and Henry remains ... all cool guys. Yes, it's much different now. They're auditioning for a 5th, I'd like to see them bring back G.C. Cameron for a third time ... but that's just me.
    G.C. Cameron would be great as he always was, but I don't think he would do it now. I don't know........

It's a wrap as far as I'm concerned. I wish them well, though.

Quote Originally Posted by nosey View Post
    Happy Birthday Henry Fambrough, the last original Spinner!

Heard it on the radio today....... Happy Birthday Henry!

Quote Originally Posted by nosey View Post
    I would hope when the final member of any original group passes that the remaining members have the dignity to hang it up. Like anything in life, nothing lasts forever. I can't imagine a reconfiguration of the group without one single original member, I heard some rock groups do this [[I heard the Little River Band ... not that they're any great shakes). I think Henry Fambrough, Duke Fakir, and Otis Williams, for example, have the right to do what they want with their groups. But when they pass, please, please, please, retire, or at least have the class to re-name each group as an official tribute group. Don't tarnish the legacy.