[REMOVE ADS]

In The Snakepit Cd

In the SnakepitFunk BrothersFunk Brothers True Fine BoyI Can't Help MyselfNeedle In A HaystackReach Out [[I'll Be There)I'll Always Love YouI Miss You Baby [[How I Miss You)When I'm GoneTake Me In Your Arms [[And Rock Me A Little While)24 Hours [[To Find My Baby)Didn't WeCome On And See MeHere Are The Pieces Of My Broken HeartI'll Be DoggoneOn The AvenueKeep On Loving MeI'm So Glad [[Heartaches Don't Always Last)Sweet ThingAll The TimeStormy The music is fantastic from the house band at Motown, the Funk Brothers. This CD does not give any information as to who made it! other than on the booklet printed in USA. The quality of the recording is fairly good apart from one or two tracks that have been dubbed from disc. They are not just backing tracks. They differ from the original issues, take "I Can't Help Myself" it is not the same instrumental track by Earl Van Dyke. Someone has had access to the Motown tapes or test pressings. Very detailed 10 page booklet produced by ??? Its a pity this was not put out officially by Motown. It is yet another bootleg and I do not advocate that you buy it. I only bring it to the attention of Motown fans that it does exist. No label or number.http://www.ebay.ca/itm/IN-THE-SNAKEP...em53eece34a9Hi Came across this cd on e bay , then googled and got a review . Anyone seen this before ?

It's been around for several years but the quality is not the best. Since I've not been able to get a decent backing track for the Spinners "I'll Always Love You" I thought the one on here might work but you can hear the artists vocals all the way through. This leads me to think that some [[but not all) of the tracks are the standard issue but with vocals removed along the way [[as you can do with Windows Media Player which doesn't remove the vocal entirely). Worth a good listen to though as there are some rare tunes!

bootleg CD!

yes, but are the tracks simply the backing tracks with vocals erased, or has any other instrumentation been added [[like EVD playing the organ)? For example, the blurb in the first post refers to 'I Can't Help Myself' "not being the same instrumental track by Earl Van Dyke" - does anyone know if this means that it's essentially the EVD single with its additional organ overdub, just the basic backing track, or something else? I'd be interested in buying it if it were the former, but not if it were just backing tracks. Anyone have a copy?

The instrumental version of I Can't Help Myself by Earl features him playing piano rather than organ. The track on this album sounds like the instrumental track for the Four Tops, including strings, rhythm and so forth, but minus all vocals, including the Andantes.

sorry, I meant piano - I must have been thinking of 'too many fish in the sea'. How about the other tracks listed? Are they all with additional instrumentation of some sort?

No additional instrumentation, but as noted above, not all are clean. Those that are are gems. I don't know how the CD publishers gained access to them.