[REMOVE ADS]

thomas96 Guest

James Jamerson live footage

I came across a few videos with footage of Jamerson playing live:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mKm9BZU3n8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RE7-2XWGNk4

The first is Martha Reeves live and the second is a more well-known Marvin Gaye concert. Just incase anyone hasn't seen these.

Hadn't seen the Gaye footage. Wonderful. And seeing and hearing Jamerson just couldn't be better. Many thanks Thomas. So enjoyable.

I'd not seen the Martha. What a beautiful start to the day. Many thanks for sharing. Isn't that Dennis Coffey on guitar?

thomas96 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bankhousedave View Post
    I'd not seen the Martha. What a beautiful start to the day. Many thanks for sharing. Isn't that Dennis Coffey on guitar?
    Yep it is, also with Wah Wah Watson I believe.

I'd seen the Gaye clip, but the Martha upload... WOW that's a Martha live performance I've never been privileged to witness before. And JJ too!

I was a part of the audience on the second clip. The footage is from the Push Expo of 1972. That's Bongo Eddie, Earl Van Dyke and Eli Fontaine playing the gig as well. I had no idea who I was really looking at back then.
    Last edited by chidrummer; 04-23-2013 at 01:50 AM.

Funky Martha!

thomas96 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by chidrummer View Post
    I was a part of the audience on the second clip. The footage is from the Push Expo of 1972. That's Bongo Eddie, Earl Van Dyke and Eli Fontaine playing the gig as well. I had no idea who I was really looking at back then.
    That must have been awesome! I'm so jealous.