[REMOVE ADS]

The Heartstoppers

http://www.dustygroove.com/item.php?...&ref=index.php

Has anyone heard of the girl group "The Heartstoppers"?

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  21.1 KB
    I hadn't heard of them, but I have songs by Geraldine Curry [[who was one of their members). I like her singing very much. They must have been an East Coast [[NY/NJ) group in the mid-late '60s. I'd bet they sound good. The Ron Murphy LP looks great. So does the Sidra [[but I have most of those singles).

I have the album and it was hard to find it, my favorite song is "When The Hurt Comes Back" a song that Linda Jones also covered. On the Heartstoppers version I love it when the girl breaks down crying at the end of the song. I had heard this song on an oldies cassette but could never figure out who the group was. I finally found out who was singing and bought a Japanese copy of the album after many years. Their album was issued in the early 70's, they were not the greatest singers but still worth checking out. The YouTube link above features this jam.

I have the Heartstoppers /Susan Philips cd as a promo given to me for loaning some records for label scanning for the booklet.I am biased, the label is run by a business partner of mine, but really do like the release an it does deserve to be a success.
    The Ron Murphy and Sidra releases, particularly relevant to this forum sound good to me as well.Although many of the tracks have been releases previously there are some great tracks put together in a good running order without the "filler " tracks of previous releases.Sound quality is better than previous releases to my ears.Plus , of course, all Outta Sight releases have detailed booklets.
    As I admit , I may be biased, but labels like Outta Sight, Shout, Kent, etc need continued support to justify their future efforts.
    regards
    francis t

I think Betty Baker & Jaxis might be the Heartbreakers.