[REMOVE ADS]

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    well as soon as I can figure out how to post pics again I will post it. It says Ii have permission to do but it seems to want a link.

topdiva1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jonc View Post
    You are one stupid cow Tony Tucker. No former living Supreme fears the late Florence Ballard.
    I would not be so sure - reports are that Diane Ross is into santaria!!! All former Supremes are living except the great Florence Ballard - and many fear the spirit world.

BOO!!

topdiva1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    During the GW Bush years, the United States adopted their torture and rendition practices on terrorist detainees by emulating how Berry and Diana tortured Flo. Poor Flo.

I guess you think this is funny - damn your an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by topdiva1 View Post
    I would not be so sure - reports are that Diane Ross is into santaria!!! All former Supremes are living except the great Florence Ballard - and many fear the spirit world.

BOO!!
    I knew that for a while, but never heard it mentioned publicly.

jonc Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    ROTFLMFAO. Of course you knew Marfib. You know EVERYTHING about Miss Ross. LOLOLOLOLOL

Corroborated

topdiva1 Guest

Honey. it's true!!!!!!!!!!!!

jonc Guest
    Honey. it's true!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Awwwwwwww...............Tony Tucker just called Marv2 Honey.

I feel a budding romance blossoming right before our eyes.

topdiva1 Guest
    Awwwwwwww...............Tony Tucker just called Marv2 Honey.

I feel a budding romance blossoming right before our eyes.

You got eyes - you mean to tell me someone as dumb, cruel, nasty, and mean as you still has sight - HOLY Mother of God, is their no justice!!!!!

jonc Guest
    You got eyes - you mean to tell me someone as dumb, cruel, nasty, and mean as you still has sight - HOLY Mother of God, is their no justice!!!!!
    Keep it up Viscountess Tucker and you'll be joining your deleted "Tony Turner" threads.

topdiva1 Guest
    Twitter THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

phyl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by useyourchucklemuscle View Post
    'Is THERE no justice', dear heart! Also, there shouldn't be a comma after 'nasty' as you are following it with 'and'.
    I fear for the future of the USA with students of your calibre.....or lack thereof!
    The proof-readers of 'All that glittered' sure earned their money tackling your novel, didn't they, dear boy!
    the only toonry turner dknow what o do with his pen is fukk it up his strecthed out sashshole.

topdiva1 Guest
    Keep it up Viscountess Tucker and you'll be joining your deleted "Tony Turner" threads.
    I do not start those nasty threads - the WE HATE TONY TURNER army did.

And remember - it don't matter to me.

topdiva1 Guest
    You may very well be able to say "I told you so real soon". The media reported today that they cannot find enough money to do this film, as quickly as they thought. There is very limited interest it is felt in hollywood, for a Flo Ballard movie. This is coming years to late. Time has moved on and the masses may have forgotten about the great Flo Ballard.

You may very well be able to say "I told you so real soon". The media reported today that they cannot find enough money to do this film, as quickly as they thought. There is very limited interest it is felt in hollywood, for a Flo Ballard movie. This is coming years to late. Time has moved on and the masses may have forgotten about the great Flo Ballard.
    I'm not surprised. I've never seen the buzz about a planned movie go dead so quickly. Hollywood is not greenlighting films for black audienes period. In a way, Tyler Perry has ruined what could have been a good thing for black audiences. I hear For Colored Girls is a disaster. What chance would a movie on Florence Ballard have? Unfortunately, films about black people don't make money.

topdiva1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Motown_M_1056 View Post
    I'm not surprised. I've never seen the buzz about a planned movie go dead so quickly. Hollywood is not greenlighting films for black audienes period. In a way, Tyler Perry has ruined what could have been a good thing for black audiences. I hear For Colored Girls is a disaster. What chance would a movie on Florence Ballard have? Unfortunately, films about black people don't make money.

NO "For Colored Girls" cannot be a disaster - this is a classic - just like A Raisin in the SUn- I hope Tyler Perry did not distort this classic piece.

We can still hope like hell for a Flo Ballard's film to be made - if only for TV ala The Temptations film.

This does not come as a surprise to me at all.

I have not seen one report saying the movie is off.

It may not be "off" but believe me we'll be sitting here three years from now wondering when the movie's gonna be released. Look how many years we've been waiting for Marvin's biopics? THREE IN TOTAL. None of them are even in PRODUCTION yet and one of them was supposedly big budget. How about that?

Heck, we can't even get a confirmed date on Mary Wilson's New CD release. I am sure this movie will fall right by the side of that as Future releases every year.

Marv, is that that religion where they do animal sacrifices and stuff?

Phyl and Muscle,
    Keep up the offensive posting and you are HISTORY. Don't push me on this.

topdiva1 Guest
    This is one of the multiple reasons why we may unfortunately never see this movie made - and excerpt from Florence Ballards legal case - quote from The Lost Supreme - The True Life of Dreamgirl Florence Ballard by Peter Benjaminson;

44. At all times the Defendant Berry Gordy, Jr. was representing to Miss Ballard that she wasn't performing in a professional manner with the Supremes, he and Defendant Diana Ross were secretly planning to oust Miss Ballard from the Supremes and replace her with one Cindy Birdsong.

This is one of many excerpts from the legal case of Florence Ballard against Motown, Diana Ross, Mary Wilson, Berry Gordy, Cindy Birdsong, and Jean Terrell.

This is an amazing book with many insights into Flo's plight - as told to the writer by Flo herself. Anyone who has not looked at this book and read it from cover to cover should.

Berry Gordy and Diana Ross do not want this movie made. Not that it will ever effect thier careers or money - but more because from Flo's point of view it will paint them in a very nasty, horrible way - and show them for what they were at that time.

As Diana Ross once sang from Don't Rain on my Parade - "I get what I want I know how, all that the law will allow", and that she did.

As they all age - Diana, Berry and even Mary do not wish to be remembered for what they did or did not do to and for Florence Ballard.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    It may not be "off" but believe me we'll be sitting here three years from now wondering when the movie's gonna be released. Look how many years we've been waiting for Marvin's biopics? THREE IN TOTAL. None of them are even in PRODUCTION yet and one of them was supposedly big budget. How about that?
    Really, honestly, I don't know about the Marvin Gaye proposed biopics.

Quote Originally Posted by jillfoster View Post
    Marv, is that that religion where they do animal sacrifices and stuff?
    Ah, yeah! Along with special candles, sometimes dolls. There are places called Botanca's all over parts of New York where these items may be purchased.
    Last edited by marv2; 10-28-2010 at 12:28 PM.

Ah, yeah! Along with special candles, sometimes dolls. There are places called Botanca's all over parts of New York where these items maybe purchased.
    I suppose whatever gets one through the night ...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by jillfoster View Post
    I suppose whatever gets one through the night ...LOL
    AHemmmmm............... hehehehehhehehe.....!

This is one of the multiple reasons why we may unfortunately never see this movie made - and excerpt from Florence Ballards legal case - quote from The Lost Supreme - The True Life of Dreamgirl Florence Ballard by Peter Benjaminson;

44. At all times the Defendant Berry Gordy, Jr. was representing to Miss Ballard that she wasn't performing in a professional manner with the Supremes, he and Defendant Diana Ross were secretly planning to oust Miss Ballard from the Supremes and replace her with one Cindy Birdsong.

This is one of many excerpts from the legal case of Florence Ballard against Motown, Diana Ross, Mary Wilson, Berry Gordy, Cindy Birdsong, and Jean Terrell.

This is an amazing book with many insights into Flo's plight - as told to the writer by Flo herself. Anyone who has not looked at this book and read it from cover to cover should.

Berry Gordy and Diana Ross do not want this movie made. Not that it will ever effect thier careers or money - but more because from Flo's point of view it will paint them in a very nasty, horrible way - and show them for what they were at that time.

As Diana Ross once sang from Don't Rain on my Parade - "I get what I want I know how, all that the law will allow", and that she did.

As they all age - Diana, Berry and even Mary do not wish to be remembered for what they did or did not do to and for Florence Ballard.
    Heavy stuff, some real heavy stuff.

Really, honestly, I don't know about the Marvin Gaye proposed biopics.
    All three were all over the news. lol I think of the three, only one of them got the backing of Berry [[the supposed Cameron Crowe-directed bio).

You could compare it to the "Dreamgirls" thing when Smokey and Berry got at the film producers for portraying what was supposedly Berry Gordy's character as someone who had ties with the Mafia. The producers on the safe side convinced Berry they weren't talking about him. Smokey still angrily insists that Berry never had Mafia ties. He can say he ain't angry but... lol

Of the three who would supposedly have a problem with Florence's film, I would pick Berry over Diana and Mary.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    You could compare it to the "Dreamgirls" thing when Smokey and Berry got at the film producers for portraying what was supposedly Berry Gordy's character as someone who had ties with the Mafia. The producers on the safe side convinced Berry they weren't talking about him. Smokey still angrily insists that Berry never had Mafia ties. He can say he ain't angry but... lol

Of the three who would supposedly have a problem with Florence's film, I would pick Berry over Diana and Mary.
    You are probably right Mr. Gordy was the one who went after them and Diana sort of joked about it when asked and went on.
    Honestly, I don't see Mary being upset but I would have been furious if I was her after being portrayed like she was in Dreamgirls. It made her seem like an airhead, cheap with a high sex drive. Her character to me was not flattering at all in Dreamgirls.

However, if you put this story on the screen I would love to know if they are going to write in Tommy Chapman.

I think Mary has the most to lose with this film.

topdiva1 Guest
    Using THE LOST SUPREME as the main foundation for this film on Flo Ballard spells - very bad press for Mr. Gordy and Miss Ross. If you read the book and the comments, words, and thoughts that come directly from Miss Ballard about Ross and Gordy, you will understand why they may not want this film made ever.

Let's face it - Gordy and Ross have always wanted to be seen as successful superstar and mogul - not the common, evil, vindictive people, Flo Ballard speaks about. So while this movie may not hurt the pockets of superstar and mogul - it will hurt the image. And as Ross moves into her latter years - and Gordy into his twilight - they will surely not want to be shown as the monsters they where to Flo Ballard. Greed, `malicious behavior , and conspiracy , among much more - is not they way Diana Ross and Berry Gordy have ever wished to be remembered.

Will Flo Ballard - The Lost Supreme - through this movie, be able to - reach out and crush - them, from her grave.

Honestly at this point, those who either know better or didn't know better are basically reading Diana the riot act and Berry less so.

I think the real reason behind this fallout with Florence was more complex than even the book and "Unsung" led on. "Unsung" didn't even put 100% blame on Diana and Mary.

It seems that because Motown being the "polished" machine they were, didn't wanna risk its meal ticket causing them money and Florence being rebellious wasn't what they wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    You are probably right Mr. Gordy was the one who went after them and Diana sort of joked about it when asked and went on.
    Honestly, I don't see Mary being upset but I would have been furious if I was her after being portrayed like she was in Dreamgirls. It made her seem like an airhead, cheap with a high sex drive. Her character to me was not flattering at all in Dreamgirls.

However, if you put this story on the screen I would love to know if they are going to write in Tommy Chapman.
    How could they not include Tommy Chapman, he was her husband! I just wonder if they would show how Motown got him to sell Flo's manuscript to them..............

Using THE LOST SUPREME as the main foundation for this film on Flo Ballard spells - very bad press for Mr. Gordy and Miss Ross. If you read the book and the comments, words, and thoughts that come directly from Miss Ballard about Ross and Gordy, you will understand why they may not want this film made ever.

Let's face it - Gordy and Ross have always wanted to be seen as successful superstar and mogul - not the common, evil, vindictive people, Flo Ballard speaks about. So while this movie may not hurt the pockets of superstar and mogul - it will hurt the image. And as Ross moves into her latter years - and Gordy into his twilight - they will surely not want to be shown as the monsters they where to Flo Ballard. Greed, `malicious behavior , and conspiracy , among much more - is not they way Diana Ross and Berry Gordy have ever wished to be remembered.

Will Flo Ballard - The Lost Supreme - through this movie, be able to - reach out and crush - them, from her grave.
    Did you know Berry's son, Stefan, the rapper and nephew Skyler got into fight on a plane with Mitt Romney earlier this year ?
    Last edited by marv2; 10-28-2010 at 07:57 PM.

topdiva1 Guest
    Did you know Berry's son, Stefan, the rapper and nephew Skyler got into fight on a plane with Mitt Romney earlier this year ?

How common.

useyourchucklemuscle Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    Phyl and Muscle,
    Keep up the offensive posting and you are HISTORY. Don't push me on this.
    Ralphie [[I feel I can call you Ralphie as we've now communicated and so are half-way to being pals)!
    Offensive posting? From Moi? Really, dear boy, I'm English and we NEVER offend!
    Push you? I could barely summon the enthusiasm to read your pathetic attempt at intimidation so I scarce believe I could summon it to create physical contact!
    And as for wielding your all-powerful threat of Power Of Deletion [[henceforth referred to as POD) all I can say is I have been PODded from much better places than this, my old bucket of sick!
    Anyway, you POD away to your heart's content, dear chap, but think on this: How many names is Chuckle already here under or how long will it be before Chuckle rejoins under another name?
    Though I really rather doubt I'll bother as the only fun here is exposing Tony Turner and you have wrapped him in a thick blanket of cotton-wool, poor lamb!

Anyhoooooo, bye for now and I feel sure that I shall enjoy many more hours posting at your lovely mausoleum....sorry , I mean Forum.
    Lots of platonic love and hugs to you, your new pal, Chuckle

Okay, Chuckie Boy. You've been banned. Sure, you can come back under another name, but I'l just root you out like the scum that you are, and whack you again. It's easy. Go taint some other forum. We don't want you here.

topdiva1 Guest
    A lot of things that Flo spoke about in The Lost Supreme by Peter Benjaminson is not going to make many happy.

Here's one that the fans may find surprising;

page 164 - "A lot of fans have come to me and said. 'Diane is very nasty. She has a real nasty personality.'" , Flo said.

Miss Ross will be horrified I am sure , to have Flo saying that fans who adored her - also claimed she was very very nasty to them. Her fan base has been with her thought out her career - but most have never met or encountered her behavior, which was said to be wicked, struck up,rude, and at times, very condescending.

Also on that same page Flo Ballard herself says and I quote - Diane ...."has an ego, a big ego, a very big ego". However, she also added later on that same page when referring to Diane - "...she had quite a few problems".

If made from this book - and I am told some input form another book - while it may or may not be a blockbuster - it will certainly be controversial.

LOL that's funny because the same ego that folks may talk about that disgust them with Diana is the same ego and drive that makes one a star. That ego and hard work is what made her a star and one of the reasons she was singled out. I have never known Diana to be "rude", at times demanding but not rude. However, all the Supremes could be demanding its just that not all of them knew how to command and get what they wanted.

They were very young as a group and perhaps at times acted like children, however I remember a point in Flo's life where she is trying to mail a package to Diana [[ I believe this was during a time when Diana was pregnant). Tommy asked her why she was doing that and she said something to the fact that she felt like it was her fault for messing things up.

I truly believe within my heart that if Flo was alive today that all three ladies would be be friendly to each other.

olamaebarto Guest
    NO "For Colored Girls" cannot be a disaster - this is a classic - just like A Raisin in the SUn- I hope Tyler Perry did not distort this classic piece.

We can still hope like hell for a Flo Ballard's film to be made - if only for TV ala The Temptations film.
    I'm looking forward to see "For Colored Girls". I think Janet Jackson is a doll.

Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    LOL that's funny because the same ego that folks may talk about that disgust them with Diana is the same ego and drive that makes one a star. That ego and hard work is what made her a star and one of the reasons she was singled out. I have never known Diana to be "rude", at times demanding but not rude. However, all the Supremes could be demanding its just that not all of them knew how to command and get what they wanted.

They were very young as a group and perhaps at times acted like children, however I remember a point in Flo's life where she is trying to mail a package to Diana [[ I believe this was during a time when Diana was pregnant). Tommy asked her why she was doing that and she said something to the fact that she felt like it was her fault for messing things up.

I truly believe within my heart that if Flo was alive today that all three ladies would be be friendly to each other.
    Well, then Florence must have changed her mind because the interviews she did with Peter Benjaminson in 1975 not long before she passed did not characterize Diane and what happened to her that way. There are many people that are successful without having to be assholes. Something to think about. Happy Halloween!

Olamae -your right Janet is a doll

topdiva1 Guest
    Well, then Florence must have changed her mind because the interviews she did with Peter Benjaminson in 1975 not long before she passed did not characterize Diane and what happened to her that way. There are many people that are successful without having to be assholes. Something to think about. Happy Halloween!
    Diana Ross had some talent - no more no less than the others - what she really had was Gordy - and her own cruel ways - it was cruel to have Gordy put Flo out so she could be big - and even worse to allow him to cheat her - Flo hopefully will get to speak on film through Faith Evans - in what hopefully will be a good film

Diana Ross had some talent - no more no less than the others - what she really had was Gordy - and her own cruel ways - it was cruel to have Gordy put Flo out so she could be big - and even worse to allow him to cheat her - Flo hopefully will get to speak on film through Faith Evans - in what hopefully will be a good film
    Since she [[Diane ) was Berry Gordys top lady by then, did she ever once stand up for Flo? Did she try to keep Berry off her case? I don't remember reading that anywhere.

What is interesting about the Supremes saga is that if you talk to anyone in Detroit who knew Ross they cant stand her. Everywhere else she doesnt seem to be much of a problem.
    We have to remember these girls were young and its no secret that Gordy pitted singers, musicians, producers etc...against each other. In Flos taped conversation she said Diana wanted total control of the group and I believe Flo. She had no reason to lie 8 years later to Peter Benjaminson she wasnt getting paid for this interview and she was hesitant to do it at first. If you listen to her interview with Dave Diles she hated Berry more than anything. Listen and read between the lines Flo after she made her mistakes of signing that paper Mike Roshkind handed to her knew it was the Motown machine. In the 70s she had already made up with Diana she is more upset with Motown and its politics more than she was Diana. If the movie goes on that angle all will be fine. Rich as Gordy and Ross are why would they mind anyway? This is not the first time anyone has spoken good or bad about them.

Good post Steph
    However, not everyone that knew Diana from Detroit during that time will say they can't stand her. Truth is Flo and Diana had probably grown up a bit and put some of their differences aside from the "good ole days". Yet, I think Berry and Flo never came to a meeting of the minds before her death.

As I stated before in my opinion Diana doesn't really care if this movie is made or not, but I don't know about Mr. Gordy. It is what it is if it is. Mary and Cindy would probably not care one way or another except that it may bring them in the public eye. Personally I think the window has closed and the public has lost interest. I have the greatest respect for Flo and all the Supremes but its not a big market item. They should be getting the same just due as the Beatles and others but it is not happening.

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    What is interesting about the Supremes saga is that if you talk to anyone in Detroit who knew Ross they cant stand her. Everywhere else she doesnt seem to be much of a problem.
    We have to remember these girls were young and its no secret that Gordy pitted singers, musicians, producers etc...against each other. In Flos taped conversation she said Diana wanted total control of the group and I believe Flo. She had no reason to lie 8 years later to Peter Benjaminson she wasnt getting paid for this interview and she was hesitant to do it at first. If you listen to her interview with Dave Diles she hated Berry more than anything. Listen and read between the lines Flo after she made her mistakes of signing that paper Mike Roshkind handed to her knew it was the Motown machine. In the 70s she had already made up with Diana she is more upset with Motown and its politics more than she was Diana. If the movie goes on that angle all will be fine. Rich as Gordy and Ross are why would they mind anyway? This is not the first time anyone has spoken good or bad about them.
    Stephanie nice post but you should have emphasized EVERYONE that knew her. They would have to leave out all of the fights, quarrells and conversations that ended with the phone either being ripped from the wall or thrown if you want folks to believe that Florence and Diane had made up. Maybe she should have told her sisters Pat and Linda that they had made up, maybe they would not have wanted to kick Diana Ross' ass......

There are many people that are successful without having to be assholes. Something to think about. Happy Halloween!
    Absolutely. Dolly Parton is certainly the most shining example. EGO is not what it takes to make it, it takes talent and DETERMINATION. EGO, just makes everyone around you miserable, and when the dew is off your lily, you'll also be the first to be thrown under the bus.