[REMOVE ADS]

Janis Gaye on the 29th anniversary of Marvin's death

Great interview. Didn't know Marvin was friends with Richard like that and also didn't know he used to spend his days riding the tractor haha but I definitely can see him doing it.

thomas96 Guest
    Thanks so much Carole, very interesting! Makes me so happy to hear that he supported Rubin Carter! I've heard of all the people that supported him, obviously Bob Dylan and Muhammad Ali, but before now I never knew Marvin helped out!

Yeah, Marvin shaved his head around November of 1975 and did a concert in support of Carter at the Cow Coliseum in San Francisco. There's this famous photo of a bald headed Marvin taking a photo with Quincy Jones from the concert on Jet. When Carter didn't get his release, Marvin got lazy [[lol) and his hair [[on top of his head and on his lips and chin) returned lol shortly before "I Want You" was released if I can recall.