[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Wasn't Doobedood'noobe scheduled to be released on Weed? It seems like it would've fit hehe

Random trivia....

Doobedood'noobe was the first 45 record Mick Hucknall ever bought as a child... So next time you hear Simply Red's Holding Back The Years consider this was his touchstone on which his taste was built....

Shall we all sing along with Johnny?

John,

I love to hear you sing or whatever it is that you do as the songs you're playing. Reminds me of me [[LOL).

Tyrone

And speaking of Pippin, don't forget that The Complete Motown Series 1972 should bring us Irene Ryan's 'No Time At All'

Quote Originally Posted by msjoys View Post
    Shall we all sing along with Johnny?
    I was.__

Hi John, I just tuned in. I spoke with Andy a little while ago and heard about your tribute tonight. I'm in Halifax doing a show tonight.
    I can't begin to tell you what Deke Richards has meant to me. I've met or worked with many of Motown's top producers. There was something about Deke... so giving. I've worked with him since the 80's and was fortunate to be an artist that Deke produced. I did two tracks with Deke and he also used me for demos that he was producing for other artists.
    There is something very magical that Deke did the final mix of Martha's "I Can't Dance". He finally got to do the mix that he always wanted with Martha's vocal all the way through. I know that Harry and Andy and I are very grateful to have known such a wonderful and talented man.
    Someday I'd love to come on and talk about my times with Deke.
    My love and condolences to all who are feeling the loss of this great man.
    Love,
    George Solomon

I likely =International

The late Jill Clayburgh.

How about the Four Tops 'Soldier of Love' From a Cellarful of Motown Vol 3 ...

Happy Birthday Diana Ross!

Attachment 6427
    From the cover of the "Live at the Apollo" album, the first time I heard of and saw a picture of the Supremes.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenpwood View Post
    Wasn't Doobedood'noobe scheduled to be released on Weed? It seems like it would've fit hehe

VERY good one!!!!!

George, "break a leg"!

I just re-read Deke's account of the sessions that produced 'Soldier of Love' . He closes by saying ''However , it is a pleasure now to share some of these unreleased tracks with you in the 'Cellarful of Motown' CD series, starting with one of my personal favorites, 'Soldier of Love''
    As Paul Nixon has hinted that U.K. Motown does not seem interested in continuing the Cellarful series, perhaps Motown Select might put together a second Four Tops Lost & Found, including these 1984 sessions as a fitting tribute to Deke, Levi, Obie and Lawrence, and of course Duke, the sole living original Top.
    Last edited by carole cucumber; 03-26-2013 at 10:38 PM.

Hi Andy!

Thanks Andy,

theboyfromxtown also posted this on facebook and also in the Deke Richards RIP thread here at SD

http://repertoire.bmi.com/writer.asp...I&cae=41297297
    Last edited by carole cucumber; 03-26-2013 at 10:59 PM.

thomas96 Guest
    Great job on this show Johnny! I've been listening without looking at the forum, but need to hit the sack now. Thanks, and RIP Deke!

Quote Originally Posted by thomas96 View Post
    Great job on this show Johnny! I've been listening without looking at the forum, but need to hit the sack now. Thanks, and RIP Deke!
    Thanks Thomas...!!!! Have a great night!

I like this version of "We Need You" better, on the album version the chorus practically drowns out Diana.

Yes, Deke & Sherlie wrote it [[although the U.K. 2-fer spells her first name Shirlie)

Andy,
    Remember Me was Berry's choice for follow-up after Ain't No Mountain High Enough.

Calling in now...

Answer the phone! It's Harry!!

I'm late dialing in so maybe not this time.

Thanks Andy, I loved your words for Deke. Very cool.

Harry,
    Please try calling again. Andy's off the phone now.

John,
    Can you play I Can't Dance To That Music that Deke wanted released? I know you played it last week, I think this would be a grand sign off in honor of Deke [[Dennis Lussier).

Thanks for all you do,
    Tyrone

Thanks Harry!

God bless you Midnight Johnny - great program

What an amazing show! An awesome tribute to Deke. Thanks John, thanks everybody! See you all next time.

John, thank you so much for having Harry and I on, and for doing such a lovely tribute to Deke. Next year we'll have to do another tribute with even more songs and more stories! I'll see if I can find the interview tapes I did with him and we can let your listeners hear a bit. Also, I've got a beautiful song Deke gave me called "Cry Like A Baby" I'd love to share one day. Thank you again John, and of course thank you Deke Richards. Bless You!

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Andy View Post
    John, thank you so much for having Harry and I on, and for doing such a lovely tribute to Deke. Next year we'll have to do another tribute with even more songs and more stories! I'll see if I can find the interview tapes I did with him and we can let your listeners hear a bit. Also, I've got a beautiful song Deke gave me called "Cry Like A Baby" I'd love to share one day. Thank you again John, and of course thank you Deke Richards. Bless You!
    NEXT YEAR?????? Why not next time??

Why not next time? I can't think of any reason not to. I'm also thinking of all the people John needs to interview: Pam Sawyer, Chris Clark, Sherlie Matthews, Carole Cucumber [[why not? I'd love to know all about you) The list goes on and on. Who would you all like to hear on John's show?

Oh we might need John to start hosting two shows a week at three hours each to fit in everyone on my wish list Andy. Top of my list would be Cindy Birdsong and if Kevin Reeves could be convinced to come on and talk about all the great work he does with you guys on these sets.

Folks....thanks for such a wonderful show. As sad an occaision as it is, hearing Deke's music and talking with Harry and Andy about Deke and hearing their remembrances of him
    seems to blunt the sadness. Thank you all....and thank you Andy and Harry....
    and a special thanks to Deke for the music....RIP....
    John