[REMOVE ADS]

Anita Baker-what happened?

I remembered being enthralled with Anita's voice and recordings back in the day. In recent years she seems to have vanished. Does she tour? Did she retire to raise her family? Has she been very difficult or assertive?

Just found her website. Shes on Blue Note records and was Jimmy Kimmel last month. Guess Im out of the loop!

She has a current release that is getting lots of airplay.

Also, she will be appearing on "The Celebration of Gospel" on BET on Sunday, April 7th. Here she is pictured at the taping with Donnie McClurkin and Dorinda Clark [[Sister) Cole Name:  anita.jpg
Views: 3861
Size:  89.0 KB
    Last edited by glencro; 03-26-2013 at 07:20 AM.

Don't know why her cd has been delayed AGAIN. It was supposed to drop last year.

Some info says her new cd keeps getting delayed.

luke,
    Frankly what's the word around the music business... it's your last question.

S.S.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    I remembered being enthralled with Anita's voice and recordings back in the day. In recent years she seems to have vanished. Does she tour? Did she retire to raise her family? Has she been very difficult or assertive?
    I love Anita Baker, but if you ever mention her name to the staff of Northwest Airlines at LaGuardia, better be prepared to duck! LOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I love Anita Baker, but if you ever mention her name to the staff of Northwest Airlines at LaGuardia, better be prepared to duck! LOL!!!
    LOL, a lot of places you can mention her name and be prepared to duck. She definitely does not have a reputation for being approachable. I will say, I used to work for Northwest during the summers and I saw her at the airport quite often. She usually had on her game face and I would just smile and nod and she usually would nod back. I knew better not to approach.

I dont wanna start a big debate but IMO artists who get paid big bucks and have fans who support them need to be gracious--like most human beings are.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    I dont wanna start a big debate but IMO artists who get paid big bucks and have fans who support them need to be gracious--like most human beings are.
    Words you hopefully live by. It dont cost anything to be gracious.

Roberta

RossHolloway Guest
    Didn' t she have a new single out last year? I think it may have been a cover of an older song, if memory serves me correctly, it was discussed on this board and it was well done. Growing up I was not a big fan of her voice, but the older I get the more I've come to appreciate her as an artist. She is in fact a real and true singer, not "entertainer" but an actual SINGER.

She is both and "entertainer" and singer. I saw her in concert and she is a great entertainer. She was great.