[REMOVE ADS]

Lonette McKee, Irene Cara, Dwan Smith/HOOKED ON YOUR LOVE - From SPARKLE [1976]

Written by Curtis Mayfield:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5vuIgxEu7U

I'm going to see if my library has a copy of the original Sparkle on dvd. I wanted to see it in it's entirety since I watched the remake with Jordin Sparks and the late Whitney Houston
    a month ago. I highly recommend the remake BTW, I was quite surprised at how good it was,
    both the acting and the music. Anyway, Lonette Mckee has long been one of the most underated black actresses in the business, and underused...

I own the films -the original and the remake on DVD. I have not watched the remake. I got a block and can't bring myself to watch it. But Lonette McKee burned a hole in movie screens as Sista. It is one of the more accurate and honest portrayals of a black woman on screen.

Kam, do yourself a favor and remove that block...I think you may be glad you did...

I went to see this movie on Easter Sunday in 1976. As a 16 year old teenaged guy, they were like va,va, va vooooommmmm! I can remember "thinking" about Lonette McKee all the time after seeing this. Well at least all the time for a whole week! LOL!