[REMOVE ADS]

Detroit, America's Great Comeback City !

marv2, thank you for posting this. I was recently having a discussion with a young lady that said all that Detroit has are liquor stores, beauty supplies, churches, dollar stores and check cashing places. I asked her "what Detroit does she live in?". I know that crime is high and there is blight and right now the city council is a mess to say the least but I am seeing the turn around. What was in that clip is the Detroit that I live in. I frequent most of the places that were show there. People are starting to move back to the city and young professionals are moving from the suburbs back to the city. I have faith that this city will get back to its million plus population nad once again become a world class city.

Glen I've said myself that Detroit is not over. All of the "Detroit Ruins" videos, pictures and stories had given many people the wrong impression of Detroit as a city. "DetroitLives"!

To me, the purpose of "th Detroit Ruins" books, videos, etc merely serve as a warning to future generations to not let such beautiful and historic buildings get torn down or let lay in despair. I never viewed thm as anti detroit, just a lesson of paying attention to your heritage.

The last time I was back with Bettye a couple of years ago, it was great to see that there were some people buying and restoring some of those great old homes close to downtown. it was a shame that so many were on streets where others once stood, but are now vacant lots.