[REMOVE ADS]

You Haven't Done Nuthin'.....

Doo-doo-wop....um um um Dooo-doo-wop..Sang it Jackaayy, doo doo wop......

Oh sorry, I was just listening to this on the radd-ee-o, and wondered how did Stevie Wonder get the J5 to sing background on this song? I'd love to know the story.....I already know the song is in regards to the less than satisfactory job that Nixon was doing at the time....I love the "in your face" arrangement Stevie did with this....He told the truth imo....

We used to sing this back in high school during Health Class...Mr. Reynolds used to get so mad, LOLOLOL!!!

I don't know the story, but it was probably one of those things where the Jacksons were in the studio and Stevie just happened on the idea. Like I said, I don't know the story, if there really is one, but it sounds likely that it happened that way.

But, since we just found out that Nixon sabotaged the peace agreement in October of 1968 just to get elected, I have even fewer kind things to say about him.

RossHolloway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    I don't know the story, but it was probably one of those things where the Jacksons were in the studio and Stevie just happened on the idea. Like I said, I don't know the story, if there really is one, but it sounds likely that it happened that way.

But, since we just found out that Nixon sabotaged the peace agreement in October of 1968 just to get elected, I have even fewer kind things to say about him.
    Were you watching MSNBC last night? lol

You can hardly hear The Jackson 5 on it! They should have shown off a little.

Wasn't Stevie Wonder producing the Jackson 5 at the time? There is an old photo of Michael Jackson in the studio with Stevie from 1973 or 1974.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 03-20-2013 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamasu_Jr View Post
    Wasn't Stevie Wonder producing the Jackson 5 at the time? There is an old photo of Michael Jackson in the studio with Stevie from 1974 or 1975.
    As far as I'm aware the J5 were never produced by STEVIE WONDER .. I suspect that Soulster is correct in thinking that they happened to be in the same studio at the same time .. I would imagine that they [[the J5) would have been in awe of the talent of STEVIE WONDER [[aren't we all) ...

I remember reading in some old music magazines that Stevie Wonder was producing or working with Jackson 5. But they might have left Motown before the project was complete. And there is a song called Buttercup by the Jackson 5, produced by Stevie Wonder on the I Want You Back: Unreleased Masters disc.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 03-20-2013 at 06:28 PM.

Wonder did work with the Jackson 5. The song was a previously unreleased track on the "I Want You Back! The Unreleased Masters" CD released in 2009.

Here are the liner notes:

"Perhaps even more stunning is the discovery of "Buttercup." Written & produced by Stevie Wonder and announced as a single in 1973, around the time the J5 backed him on "You Haven't Done Nothin'," an eventual No. 1 hit. The track was only a rumor till now."

Thanks No Place...I knew I had seen that photo of Michael Jackson and Stevie Wonder and there is the song, Buttercup. They were in a recording studio at the same time...working together. It seems logical that Stevie would have used them on his song.

Quote Originally Posted by no_place_like_motown View Post
    Wonder did work with the Jackson 5. The song was a previously unreleased track on the "I Want You Back! The Unreleased Masters" CD released in 2009.

Here are the liner notes:

"Perhaps even more stunning is the discovery of "Buttercup." Written & produced by Stevie Wonder and announced as a single in 1973, around the time the J5 backed him on "You Haven't Done Nothin'," an eventual No. 1 hit. The track was only a rumor till now."
    I stand corrected!!

This is the song by Michael and his fellow Jacksons ..

The same song that I know from the CARL ANDERSON version in the early 1980s ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pewJzIZSPQs

Sometimes it is nice to be proven wrong!!

Roger

Quote Originally Posted by RossHolloway View Post
    Were you watching MSNBC last night? lol
    Rachael Maddow. How'd you ever guess? LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Kamasu_Jr View Post
    Wasn't Stevie Wonder producing the Jackson 5 at the time? There is an old photo of Michael Jackson in the studio with Stevie from 1973 or 1974.
    I think you're right! That project was shelved.

Those Stevie Wonder productions are something else - so different in structure and chord changes etc. A Motown Sound all of their own!

So they WERE working together huh? Interesting....I wonder why the project got shelved....That would have been fabulous if they could've worked it out....

Didn't know there are unreleased tunes from I Want You Back...Can I get that CD from Amazon or some other place?