[REMOVE ADS]

Whoa...it used to be so cool

Hey gang,you know we all remember thing differently from childhood to adulthood,i'm talking about songs how many have remembered a song from back in the day but when hearing it years later thought that it wasn't as good as you thought? Take[mr.bassman-johnny symble]i heard it the other day and didn't dig it as i did fifty years ago[hehe]!!

Maybe all the years since have made you wise - or maybe you're just not playing it as LOUD as you did then?!

I don't know about not liking a song years later, but for some reason, I remember songs being slower than they really are.

Maybe he wasn't full of hooch this time..

Quote Originally Posted by arrr&bee View Post
    Hey gang,you know we all remember thing differently from childhood to adulthood,i'm talking about songs how many have remembered a song from back in the day but when hearing it years later thought that it wasn't as good as you thought? Take[mr.bassman-johnny symble]i heard it the other day and didn't dig it as i did fifty years ago[hehe]!!
    Well arr&bee ..

I'd probably get a rush of nostalgia hearing "Mr Bassman" after all these years .. but maybe I wouldn't want to hear it again too soon!!!

Here is one In used to like a lot until I eventually bought a copy ..

BOB LUMAN - "Let's Think About Living" ..

And here is one I thought was wonderful when it first came out .. when [[a week later) I got my hands on a copy after I had played it two or three times I lost interest

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wj23_nDFSfE

Though nowadays it doesn't sound that bad [[but I still think there were hundreds of better records around at the time .. )

Roger .....

Here's one that we thought was sooooooo cool when I was 15. Well, I'm not 15 anymore and it just doesn't sound the same. hehehehehehe! David Essex and "Rock On!"

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Here's one that we thought was sooooooo cool when I was 15. Well, I'm not 15 anymore and it just doesn't sound the same. hehehehehehe! David Essex and "Rock On!" I still love this song!
    I once read an article of how that single was created, but I can't find it now. Perhaps I read it in a Joel Whitburn book. I don't recall.