[REMOVE ADS]

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    revvy Guest
    If there was any altercation on stage, no way would those two have posed for a shot at the after party all smiles. This nonsense is pure fabrication to get certain fans riled up. Diana and Mary are alright with each other. Let's not fuel a fire that is no longer there.

But Revvy, that's not true about it being a fabrication to rile certain fans. It was in a newspaper and they don't even know the fans. And probably sure don't want to!

But I did wonder when the picture was taken, earlier or later? To me, both women look quite pleased and happy.

Some of the other pictures look a bit odd. And perhaps it is accurate, these people live to be on stage; they should know what's going on and where they are on the stage. Maybe Mary really was all discombobulated in the head again.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMotownManiac View Post
    Mary gave Diana the hand kiss then backed up, broke the hand holding of Diana and Valisia, and stood between them. Both looked "WTF???" Then, when Gladys came up, Mary went to Berry AGAIN and that's when she stood exactly in front of Diana, not moving, no longer speaking to Berry - and pretending she didn't know Ross was behind her. Everyone saw. Now its in the news. I was afraid Ross would knock her one - but that's what Mary wanted. It would have generated more press than what she got. The sexy one gots issues, baby!
    This makes me so sad I can hardly stand it. I thought it was a nice evening where all the fans could finally be united as Supreme fans and all would be at peace. Apparently my assumption was incorrect. I could cry.

Penny

Quote Originally Posted by Penny View Post
    This makes me so sad I can hardly stand it. I thought it was a nice evening where all the fans could finally be united as Supreme fans and all would be at peace. Apparently my assumption was incorrect. I could cry.

Penny
    Dont let it upset you Penny. We saw the photo and we all know it was real nice for us fans to see Diane and mary together again. Treasure the photo dear and rise above the negative stuff.

Your friend.

Roberta

People OVER-analyze things just a little too much if you ask me. And for the record the picture of Diana and Mary posing together was taken AFTER the show and they look perfectly happy together to me.

I wish we wouldn't keep hashing over this silly concept.

Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    I wish we wouldn't keep hashing over this silly concept.
    Ralph, thank you so much! I truly appreciate your comment and you.

Penny

Thank you , Penny. I hate to have to delete what I feel is an important thread, since I am pulling for the success of the play. But if the nonsense returns, it will leave me no choice, therefore cheating most forum members from some interesting information, due to the stupidity of some. Stay on topic gang. I mean this.

Thank you , Penny. I hate to have to delete what I feel is an important thread, since I am pulling for the success of the play. But if the nonsense returns, it will leave me no choice, therefore cheating most forum members from some interesting information, due to the stupidity of some. Stay on topic gang. I mean this.
    Thank you Ralpht for injecting some positive insight that needs to be spread here, there has been so much turmoil over the Supremes issues for years and now that it has seemed to heal, we don't need vernim to cloud what was some fabulous moments on stage with the Supremes coming together minus one. and the Motown Musical should be a celebration for us all Motown fans, which i will get to see in July. Thank you.

Ralph - I'm fine with dropping a topic that you, as moderator, do not approve of. I enjoy and respect you and this forum. I'm not happy with being referred to as stupid for reporting nonsense or any inference that what I, 2 NY newspapers, Jane Fonda and Valerie Simpson have all commented on publicly was in any way fabricated. Pics and now, video have surfaced, but if it is an unwelcome topic, I'm done with it. On another note, I, too, wish the musical to be a success and it is now certainly going to be qualified as one. Over a month ago, ticket sales were extended from august to November. Recently, the run was extended through May 2014 - there are lots of hot shows that haven't extended that far. Kinky Boots, for example is doing similar numbers but only Through Sept 3. Plays that run beyond a year are considered "successful" or a qualified "hit" [[equal to say, Reach Out and Touch, for example.) Motown, despite the horrendous reviews, is holding at over 100% capacity and the advance has only dropped 3% - amazing considering the notices. The Tony nods will erase some of that. Based on these factors I predict it will run at least 2 years and will be a pure, unadulteraded hit. Plus, they are still tinkering with the book, happily, and that will help those offended by it's simplistic nature. Just like it's subject matter, Motown The Musical is defying the odds and finding success where others never have.

Maniac, I appreciated hearing the news. I would not have been aware of it if you had not posted it.

I'm sure Ralph saw plenty of less than perfect behaviour in his time at Motown and it just comes up from time to time here as well.

It is tough for any of us to accept that people we grew up loving because of the music they delivered to us can act inappropriately, just like the rest of humanity; when we hear it, we often want to reject it until it's put right in our face.

I'm sure you are right; The Musical appears destined to be another Motown Hit.

Classic Motown

From Facebook

Hey Motown fans. We have a special offer for you. Pre-Order the original Motown the Musical cast recording for your chance to get one of two exclusive bundles including T-Shirts and more. You can check out the details here. http://motownthemusical.shop.bravado...m/Default.aspx

I'm in the minority in that I'd rather know the truth. If Marvin dropped his pants in his act, I want to know. If Ross kept Jackie O on hold for no reason, I want to know. I just want to know and I can handle it. I think in this case, I know Miss Ross' behavior well enough to know there isn't a reunion tour in the works and that she's probably never forgive the latest issues, so I don't really care. I just want them all to be happy and I think whatever happens that is dirt is fun. If Miss Ross had the Lindburgh baby in her bedroom drawer, it wouldn't change how much I like Workin Overtime. And I can totally see Mary's POV- they started out as kids together and became unequal - that might piss me off too. I'm not a blamer, so I wouldn't vilify Diana for it, but I'd still probably not be 100% cool with it. There are Mary stories I could tell that would be unwelcome here, but I will just say there might be reasons things happened the way they did that are not as public as other things.
    Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Maniac, I appreciated hearing the news. I would not have been aware of it if you had not posted it.

I'm sure Ralph saw plenty of less than perfect behaviour in his time at Motown and it just comes up from time to time here as well.

It is tough for any of us to accept that people we grew up loving because of the music they delivered to us can act inappropriately, just like the rest of humanity; when we hear it, we often want to reject it until it's put right in our face.

I'm sure you are right; The Musical appears destined to be another Motown Hit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoPPi7ccV2s

9 min of music from the musical. If this has been posted before, please remove!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KK1yncqPlOQ Ralph please delete if redundant. Jane Fonda, Gladys Knight, Mary and Diana, BG etc etc opening night interviews and on stage.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMotownManiac View Post
    I'm in the minority in that I'd rather know the truth. If Marvin dropped his pants in his act, I want to know. If Ross kept Jackie O on hold for no reason, I want to know. I just want to know and I can handle it. I think in this case, I know Miss Ross' behavior well enough to know there isn't a reunion tour in the works and that she's probably never forgive the latest issues, so I don't really care. I just want them all to be happy and I think whatever happens that is dirt is fun. If Miss Ross had the Lindburgh baby in her bedroom drawer, it wouldn't change how much I like Workin Overtime. And I can totally see Mary's POV- they started out as kids together and became unequal - that might piss me off too. I'm not a blamer, so I wouldn't vilify Diana for it, but I'd still probably not be 100% cool with it. There are Mary stories I could tell that would be unwelcome here, but I will just say there might be reasons things happened the way they did that are not as public as other things.
    The Motown Musical is suppose to be a celebration of the music that Berry Gordy brought to the United States and then worldwide, we all know that there are wounds that have not healed, I am sure Flo Ballard has stories we will never hear, Gladys Knight whose is not portrayed in the show has issues, so does a whole host of others But we need to embrace the Musical which is something we never thought could and would happen I want to enjoy the the moments of the musical and am thankful Berry found reason to include "Buttered Popcorn" and a snipet of "UP the ladder to the Roof" in the Show, I will embrace it when i go to see it in July. Yes i know the musical has been sugar coated removing all the bitter pills the artist had to swollow like either moving out to another label or staying at the company because you couldn't take the name [[The Supremes) but the play needs its due and so does Gordy who told it as part of his life, and whose music made many of us happy "Happy Landing" the Mircacles, Mary Wells "Stop Right There" The Marvelettes "Mix it UP"

Box-Office Roundup: Golden Oldies Still Sell

By Carlton Bailey

Jersey Boys‘ continued success selling 1960s tunes on the Great White Way may strike some as a parlor trick. But this week’s grosses, released by the Broadway League, belie that outlook. Exhibit A: Motown: The Musical continues to rake in the crowds despite mixed reviews that mostly took issue with Berry Gordy’s book. At the moment, it’s the biggest new musical hit of the season—but stay tuned to find out if it retains the lead after the Tony Awards hand out their kudos on June 9.

Motown
    ‘Motown: The Musical’

As 60s successes go, the surprise of the week is The Rascals: Once Upon a Dream. A concert engagement of the band best known for its chart-topper “Good Lovin’,” the show played its five shows last week to a healthy, 92% capacity crowd and saw a 20% increase in gross.

In the category of shows most in need of a Tony bounce, the revival of Jekyll & Hyde takes the bitter cake. With its 14% decrease in capacity following last week’s reviews, the show is in serious trouble. Houses that are half-empty usually portend a death knell sooner rather than later [[unless a show is bankrolled by one of the large nonprofits that produce on Broadway, which is the case with the underperformer Ann).

On a happier note, Matilda and Kinky Boots have both evolved into solid hits, with both among the week’s top ten grossers. And as the season’s only two shows with original scores that are still open to wow Tony voters, the pair seem to be the top competitors for the Best Musical crown. May the best show featuring a lead performance by a tall man in drag win!

Motown man: Sony's Morris on his B'way Smash Hit

Motown man

Sony’s Morris on his B’way smash hit
    By CLAIRE ATKINSON
    Last Updated: 2:48 PM, May 3, 2013
    Posted: 12:00 AM, May 3, 2013

Doug Morris, the chairman and CEO of Sony Music, has had his hands on plenty of hits over the years — most recently Justin Timberlake’s “20/20 Experience.”

But few, he said, can match the intensity of “Motown: The Musical,” the smash Broadway hit he invested $16.5 million in, which is playing to sellout crowds at the Lunt-Fontanne Theater.

In his first interview about the show, Morris told The Post that it was his absolute belief in the show’s creator, Berry Gordy, the famed founder of Motown Records, and advice from Steve Jobs, the late Apple co-founder , that convinced him to get involved with his first Broadway show.

Getty Images

As the pop hit “My Girl” says, “Motown: the Musical” backer Doug Morris [[above, with Diana Ross) has “got the month of May,” amid news the spring release won Tony nominations and is drawing packed houses.

“[Steve] told me, ‘Follow your passion — if it’s something you want, use your own money.’” Morris said yesterday in an interview in his Midtown office.

Convinced by Jobs to take the financial leap, Morris said he then had to persuade Gordy to jump in.

Berry wasn’t sure but eventually the two men made a simple pact at Gordy’s LA Mansion.“I’ll put up the money and you do the work and we will split the proceeds 50/50,” Morris said. to move forward with the “Motown” concept rather than with the previous title, “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough.”

The musical, which won four Tony nominations this week, follows the story of how Gordy set up the legendary record label with an $800 loan from his family.

It is packed with hits, including “My Girl,” and “Reet Petite” and follows Gordy’s love affair with Diana Ross — with the political and musical upheavals of the sixties and seventies as a backdrop.

If “Motown” continues to pack the house, it is expected to break a profit after about a year — a quick return in Broadway terms.

Morris, one of three producers of the show, still can’t believe his good luck — he said he always figured he’d be “taking a bath” on the investment given the fickle nature of Broadway audiences.

While the early reaction of theatergoers have Morris in a joyous mood, the executive said he was not as happy with how the Tony Awards folks treated the show.

“I was disappointed it didn’t get top musical,” said Morris.

Tony noms in the category instead went to Cyndi Lauper’s “Kinky Boots,” “Matilda,” “Bring it On,” and “A Christmas Story” — none of which are as commercially successful, he noted.

Morris said he worked for years on the show — not only to get it in shape but also to secure certain rights for the cast album.

Ironically, that portion of his effort will not pay off — at least for Sony Music.

Morris was a senior executive at Universal Music when he signed for the rights to the CD. That means, in the coming months when the cast CD is released and fans file out after the show and buy the CD, it will be Lucian Grainge, the CEO of Universal, who will benefit.

Despite his out-of-the-bok success, Morris says he’s sticking to his day job.

And why not.

In addition to having the No. 1 Broadway show, in mid-April Sony Music’s Timberlake CD was also No. 1 and Pink’s “Just Give Me A Reason” was the top-selling single.

Sitting in his Madison Avenue office weeks after the show opened, the 75-year old Morris appears on the road to a profitable investment. But why did he take such a huge financial risk?

“They were planning on retiring me,” he joked. “I had to have something to do.”

catkinson@nypost.com

Although I haven't enjoyed anything I've seen up to this point of M the M, which has been solely via brief video clips, I have thoroughly enjoyed the photos and videos that I've seen of its opening night festivities. But any inference as to what those photos and videos show in regard to what the people in them are feeling, thinking, and intending really has no value to me here on the thread because it's all mere opinion based only on speculation and presumption. It's just people thinking out loud in a forum, and that seems to come with the territory. Opinions? Fine, I'm interested. Opinions about what something means or shows about someone's motivation and intent? Now that's dicey and yields nothing unless substantiated by those directly involved. It doesn't necessarily yield anything about the person voicing the opinion, either. But as they often say, "Everything is subject to change without notice." I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah2 View Post
    Although I haven't enjoyed anything I've seen up to this point of M the M, which has been solely via brief video clips, I have thoroughly enjoyed the photos and videos that I've seen of its opening night festivities. But any inference as to what those photos and videos show in regard to what the people in them are feeling, thinking, and intending really has no value to me here on the thread because it's all mere opinion based only on speculation and presumption. It's just people thinking out loud in a forum, and that seems to come with the territory. Opinions? Fine, I'm interested. Opinions about what something means or shows about someone's motivation and intent? Now that's dicey and yields nothing unless substantiated by those directly involved. It doesn't necessarily yield anything about the person voicing the opinion, either. But as they often say, "Everything is subject to change without notice." I guess.
    I totally agree with everything Methuselah2 has so wisely written. He is right on the mark!

Talking Curtain cal The Magig of Motown

Costumes look amazing. Ive got to go see this musical this year sometime.

http://www.harpersbazaar.com/bazaar-...roadway-050613

Roberta

Saw the show yesterday - what it really did for me was reaffirm how incredibly talented the Motown folks all were. As much as I enjoyed the show and the B'way cast, they couldn't help but pale in comparison to the real thing. Ain't nothin' like the real thing, after all. I thought Brandon Victor Dixon [[Berry Gordy) came off the best - not only was he an incredible singer and a good actor, I wasn't comparing him to anybody else. Taken by itself, it's a great show, albeit with all the usual shortcomings a show like this is bound to have in terms of story-telling and dramatic tension. But, compared to the genuine performances [[both on record and video) we are lucky enough to have, it falls a bit short. Just my two cents...

revvy Guest
    Indeed, ejluther. Motown was a moment in time.

i live on the west coast. motown performers did not hit my city very often ... but i have seen the original supremes, the very last model of the supremes, mary wilson, smokey after his first solo album and more recently w/ marv tarplin [[sp?), martha reeves twice, jr. walker & the all stars, marvin gaye, and stevie wonder just after "superstition" ... ejluther is right ... ain't nothin' like the real thing ... i have grand memories ... i don't want them sullied with a broadway karaoke show, thank you very much!

If the musical is a success, what are the chances of it coming to England. Would love to see it and Motown has always had a huge audience over here>

Real nice interview with Valisa Lekae who plays Diane Ross in Motown the Musical

The interviewer seems to confuse Mary Wilson with Mary Wells which is real sloppy on his part imo but its still a real great interview and this young lady who plays Diane is very pretty and charismattic.

http://thegrio.com/2013/05/20/motown...ross/#51942731

Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster View Post
    If the musical is a success, what are the chances of it coming to England. Would love to see it and Motown has always had a huge audience over here>
    I think the chances are great that it wil have a production in England.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    The interviewer seems to confuse Mary Wilson with Mary Wells which is real sloppy on his part imo but its still a real great interview and this young lady who plays Diane is very pretty and charismattic.
    That was a very nice interview. I liked the part where she changed from her normal voice to Diana's voice.

Great interview. Great lady.

Well Mary Wells lives on!

One lesson is when naming your children, give them a slightly more distinctive name.

I saw M the Musical last week. 3rd row centre. I particularly liked the timeline that was superimposed on the music's lyrics. Most memorable to me was Ball of Confusion, the opening number after intermission. It had such power, the dancing and the group voices were great, but the lyrics were really powerful. I don't necessarily pay attention to lyrics [[ I like the music), but Berry Gordy really did select the songs to move the rise of motown along a social timeline. It also made clear his reason for selling motown, that the large record companies were wooing his performers and writers away and it was becoming too much of a battle and his interests were out on the west coast.
    An interesting aside was the blend between play and concert. The solo Diana Ross enters from the back of the theatre with all the lights following her and then she comes down into the audience and has the audience participate in Reach Out and Touch Somebody's Hand. We also held hands and swayed to the song [[I remember doing this at a few concerts).
    It was a fun evening. At the back of the theatre was a Motown Memory Board [[incorrect name, but you get the meaning). That was a walk down memory lane for sure.
    As an aside I noticed that the Soundtrack is up for pre-sale, but Ball of Confusion isn't listed. That was the standout song for me, and I'm a girl group nut, not necessarily the Tempts, so I'm not in such a hurry to purchase it. Also I tried listening to the song at home and it didn't have the same impact as in the play.
    Lorne

Show Name GrossGross TotalAttn %Cap Avg Paid Admission
    ANN $247,041 3,528 39.62% $70.02
    ANNIE $842,272 10,854 79.44% $77.60
    CHICAGO $697,597 7,871 91.10% $88.63
    CINDERELLA $1,017,256 12,032 85.89% $84.55
    I’LL EAT YOU LAST: A CHAT WITH SUE MENGERS $829,768 5,559 102.21% $149.27
    JERSEY BOYS $956,177 9,056 92.18% $105.58
    KINKY BOOTS $1,269,683 11,496 100.91% $110.45
    LUCKY GUY $1,387,476 9,687 102.44% $143.23
    MACBETH $444,348 5,037 80.57% $88.22
    MAMMA MIA! $822,902 9,507 79.33% $86.56
    MATILDA $1,063,972 11,456 100.00% $92.87
    MOTOWN: THE MUSICAL $1,249,920 12,152 100.80% $102.86
    NEWSIES $839,892 9,297 98.07% $90.34
    NICE WORK IF YOU CAN GET IT $760,202 8,975 77.96% $84.70
    ONCE $859,871 7,960 93.96% $108.02
    ORPHANS $498,625 7,243 84.54% $68.84
    PIPPIN $869,274 7,985 100.82% $108.86
    ROCK OF AGES $450,030 4,532 97.17% $99.30
    SPIDER-MAN TURN OFF THE DARK $1,032,689 12,098 78.35% $85.36
    THE ASSEMBLED PARTIES $354,725 4,914 94.50% $72.19
    THE BIG KNIFE $229,239 3,868 65.34% $59.27
    THE BOOK OF MORMON $1,701,989 8,752 102.63% $194.47
    THE LION KING $1,887,665 13,448 98.88% $140.37
    THE NANCE $499,762 5,965 81.40% $83.78
    THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA $1,078,051 12,454 96.99% $86.56
    THE TRIP TO BOUNTIFUL $469,185 5,450 64.09% $86.09
    VANYA AND SONIA AND MASHA AND SPIKE $549,536 5,935 94.27% $92.59
    WICKED $1,748,141 13,881 95.92% $125.94

revvy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by drlorne View Post
    I noticed that the Soundtrack is up for pre-sale, but Ball of Confusion isn't listed. That was the standout song for me, and I'm a girl group nut, not necessarily the Tempts, so I'm not in such a hurry to purchase it. Also I tried listening to the song at home and it didn't have the same impact as in the play.
    Lorne
    I agree! I never really listened to the song much, but it definitely got my attention after seeing it performed in this show. It certainly packed a punch! Then I got home and watched it on youtube with the Tempts doing it on TV and it still wasn't as good as when I saw the Broadway actors do it. I'm disappointed it's not included in the CD.

Looking forward to seeing the show on 2 July. Travelling from the UK.
    Some friends have brought back a copy of NYC's original CITY GUIDE...dated 16 May, which features MThe M on it's front cover[[ with great Motown ladel graphic) , and article on the show inside.

revvy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by snakepit View Post
    Looking forward to seeing the show on 2 July. Travelling from the UK.
    Some friends have brought back a copy of NYC's original CITY GUIDE...dated 16 May, which features MThe M on it's front cover[[ with great Motown ladel graphic) , and article on the show inside.
    Enjoy the show! Some excellent restaurant recommendations whilst [[I had to throw that in there) you're in town:

Italian: becco-nyc.com, www.nocello.net, www.carminesnyc.com
    Peruvian: www.piopio.com
    Lunch and NY Cheesecake: juniorscheesecake.com
    Brazilian steakhouse: www.churrascariaplataforma.com
    Indian lunch buffet: cholany.com
    Sexy bar with appetizers and a great view of Columbus Circle and Central Park: gerberbars.com-stone-rose-ny

Revy
    Many thanks for those recommendations for eating.....we hope to try several. Just trying to arrange a surprise birthday event at Caffe Reggios in Greenwich Village.

When we saw M the M we went for dinner at Orso, Tom Hanks and 5 others were at the table beside us. He's playing on Broadway. The Concierge made the reservations for 11pm..the Liver is great!!! We also saw Matilda which was pretty spectacular [[although you may have seen this already as it came over from London.
    Lorne

I trust Tom said hello

We'll find somewhere no doubt...should be good.
    not seen Matilda ...........might do when next in London [[or it tours UK)

Classic Motown
    PARADE Magazine is exclusively streaming :90 second clips of the ENTIRE Motown the Musical Cast recording! Get the first listen here:

http://www.parade.com/17880/erinhill...-first-listen/

Broadway Grosses: Audiences Keep Dancing to the Hits of Motown Over Holiday Weekend
    Brandon Victor Dixon as Berry Gordy & Valisia LeKae as Diana Ross in 'Motown: The Musical.'

'Motown' plays to sold out crowds.

The Memorial Day holiday weekend helped many Broadway shows boost their ticket sales. Audiences looking for some great music history continue to head to Motown as the new tuner pulled in over $1.3 million and played to sold out crowds. The Tony-nominated revival of Pippin also broke the house record at the Music Box Theatre for the third straight week.

Here's a look at who was on top and who was not for the week ending May 27:

FRONTRUNNERS [[By Gross)
    1. The Lion King [[$1,916,698)
    2. Wicked [[$1,858,318)
    3. The Book of Mormon [[$1,812,800)
    4. Lucky Guy [[$1,385,399)
    5. Motown [[$1,371,341)

UNDERDOGS [[By Gross)
    5. Rock of Ages [[$440,359)
    4. The Assembled Parties [[$403,161)
    3. Macbeth [[$348,516)
    2. Ann [[$240,339)
    1. The Big Knife [[$238,202)

FRONTRUNNERS [[By Capacity)
    1. The Book of Mormon [[102.63%)
    2. Lucky Guy [[102.29%)
    3. I'll Eat You Last: A Chat with Sue Mengers [[101.47%)
    4. Motown [[100.79%)
    5. Kinky Boots [[100.74%)

UNDERDOGS [[By Capacity)
    5. Nice Work If You Can Get It [[79.40%)
    4. The Big Knife [[70.71%)
    3. The Trip to Bountiful [[67.16%)
    2. Macbeth [[64.09%)
    1. Ann [[49.17%)

Attachment 6769

Her second appearance at the Musical; lots of pictures in the Gallery.

She looks casual and great!

http://broadwayworld.com/grosses/MOT....tlCaN3Yw.dpbs

Still a complete, sold out hit, week after week, growing if anything.

Well the reviews weren't A#1 ~ the story is basic, but it is simple with great music and it's drawing in the crowds ~ as strongly as the show that won all the Tonys.

It is a monster hit, like so many of the Motown hits; or should we say for Marv's benefit "like so many of those Diana Ross hits".

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Well the reviews weren't A#1 ~ the story is basic, but it is simple with great music and it's drawing in the crowds ~ as strongly as the show that won all the Tonys.

It is a monster hit, like so many of the Motown hits; or should we say for Marv's benefit "like so many of those Diana Ross hits".
    See, I knew they were going to have a problem with the story part of the play. Everyone knows Diane's story [[and Berry's) from "Dreamgirl, My Life As A Supremes" and a few other very popular books. If they try to make either of them appear otherwise in this or any other media production ,it is going to get panned as fluff and inaccurate!

People are going for the music and the dancing etc. The story sounds like it is too lightweight.

this show will be on Broadway for a decade or two.. the PEOPLE LOVE IT!..
    and who wouldn't love "The Diana Ross Story"?..I predicted all of this here,long before the show even started in previews..it's ROSS MANIA..again!..and forever..

You predicted that hit so well!

Apparently, starting tonight a lady named Felecia Boswell took over the Diana Ross character for 6 weeks until Sept. 22. No real reason given.

Maybe Valisia is on vacation. She will certainly be a hard act to follow.