[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Creative Source

Creative Source

Any other fans of this underrated-overlooked '70s group. They were managed by the late Ron Towson of The 5th Dimension, and had a decent hit with "Who Is He", which is funkier than port o john on game-day. They also did the original version of EWF's Can't Hide Love and based on the "Soul Train" clips I've seen, were really fantastic show people.

Quote Originally Posted by jboy88 View Post
    Any other fans of this underrated-overlooked '70s group. They were managed by the late Ron Towson of The 5th Dimension, and had a decent hit with "Who Is He", which is funkier than port o john on game-day. They also did the original version of EWF's Can't Hide Love and based on the "Soul Train" clips I've seen, were really fantastic show people.
    I have their first album on the Sussex label, but, never really listen to it. At the time I discovered it on vinyl, I did a nice needledrop of it.

They weren't on my radar until I was digging through my old CD comps "Power Of Love" on Polygram's Soul Essentials Series, and "Let Me In Your Life" was on there. I all of a sudden remembered hearing the song on Soul Train back in 1973 and sought out the used vinyl. Not a bad band.

But, I prefer Earth, Wind & Fire's version of "Can't Hide Love", and Bill Withers' version of "Who Is He [[What Is He To You)".

"Who Is He" by Creative Source is a prime example of history in the making. Before the "Dance Music/Disco lable's , before Barry White , Norman Whitfeild and Gamble & Huff's epic recordings , this track with it's orchestration and in your face bass line was buirning up all dance floor's , from house party to club's. Ever really listen to that track?? Eargasmic
    It's the perfect balance of "FUNK" and "SWEET" , a perfect Dance track. It's structured equally with the vocals and instrumental part's of the track . As a matter of fact it follows the same pattern and style of a TOM MOULTON MIX, all in 1973. The 3 albums of theirs are a must have. Read the credits on those albums and remember that that was in 1973. See how many future icons are on that LP.

Name:  CS.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  29.8 KB

This has been their only CD release thus far which was issued in 1997 by Ploydor. It consisted of their first album plus five bonus tracks. All the tracks were produced by Mike Stokes. The reissue compilation was produced by Harry Weinger with liner notes by A. Scott Galloway.

Is this the release that shows I played synthesizer on one of the tracks, which I have no memory of?

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    I have their first album on the Sussex label, but, never really listen to it. At the time I discovered it on vinyl, I did a nice needledrop of it.

They weren't on my radar until I was digging through my old CD comps "Power Of Love" on Polygram's Soul Essentials Series, and "Let Me In Your Life" was on there. I all of a sudden remembered hearing the song on Soul Train back in 1973 and sought out the used vinyl. Not a bad band.

But, I prefer Earth, Wind & Fire's version of "Can't Hide Love", and Bill Withers' version of "Who Is He [[What Is He To You)".
    They did a nice version of "Magic Carpet Ride" too.

Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    Is this the release that shows I played synthesizer on one of the tracks, which I have no memory of?
    Ha, I've seen your name online in the credits of Migration.

Hope I played well.

They also did a mean take on Carole King's Corazon.

I think i'll pull this album and listen right now.

EDIT: Hah! it turns out I actually do have that CD!

Quote Originally Posted by brother_love View Post
    Name:  CS.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  29.8 KB

This has been their only CD release thus far which was issued in 1997 by Ploydor. It consisted of their first album plus fivie bonus tracks. All the tracks were produced by Mike Stokes. The reissue compilation was produced by Harry Weinger with liner notes by A. Scott Galloway.
    I've got this disc, but have never listened to the entire thing. I will have to dig it out.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 03-10-2013 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamasu_Jr View Post
    I've got this disc, but have never listened to the entire thing. I will have to dig it out.
    I just played it. I guess it's not that great. I think the main flaw is that a Fifth Dimension produced it. It's a bit too pop for a band that screams soul.