[REMOVE ADS]

Brief ronnie dyson interview

Rare interview with Ronnie Dyson. Interesting that he mentioned that he would be auditioning for the Frankie Lymon Story

Thanks for posting that, glencro. That was a nice find. I loved Ronnie, he was truly a unique
    voice at the time, a young man who sang like an old soul. That's something that only happens occassionally in music...Glen Goins comes to mind...It was also fun to follow the links to the Sylvers interview [[Charmaine....sigh.... For the life of me I can't remember ever
    seeing that show when it aired...

Wow! That's the first time I ever saw him other than the album covers. He really looks young and has a very youthful voice. It's hard to imagine that mature voice coming out of him.

As of now, the only album I have of him is "The More You Do It" from 1976, with the title track having been a top 20 soul single. It was produced by Natalie Cole producers Chuck Jackson and Marvin Yancy to bring his sound "back to church". I also have a couple of other singles on CD.

I don't need to say anymore how much I thought Ronnie Dyson was the truth! I spin his LIFE AND BREATH single every other day.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamasu_Jr View Post
    I don't need to say anymore how much I thought Ronnie Dyson was the truth! I spin his LIFE AND BREATH single every other day.
    Seriously???

Quote Originally Posted by splanky View Post
    Thanks for posting that, glencro. That was a nice find. I loved Ronnie, he was truly a unique
    voice at the time, a young man who sang like an old soul. That's something that only happens occassionally in music...Glen Goins comes to mind...It was also fun to follow the links to the Sylvers interview [[Charmaine....sigh.... For the life of me I can't remember ever
    seeing that show when it aired...
    You're welcome splanky. I've never seen the show before either but I see that it was aDick Clark Production, That must have been the show that Dick Clark created after Soul train became popular. I remember watching a special on Don Cornelius and it mentioned that Cornelius made a big stink about Clark creating the SOUL show and after a brief run Clark pulled it off the air.

The Sylvers interview was cool...whoa at the outfits [[gotta love the 70's)

Yeah, I do that. I take a stack of discs and listen to nothing but for weeks. Then I start over with another stack. RONNIE DYSON'S One Man Band is in my current rotation.

George Clinton supposedly wrote Life & Breath, but Ii think the info is wrong. THE song doesn't sound like typical Clinton.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamasu_Jr View Post
    George Clinton supposedly wrote Life & Breath, but Ii think the info is wrong. THE song doesn't sound like typical Clinton.
    It might be George S. Clinton. He did a lot of pop stuff in the '70s.

Quote Originally Posted by zebop View Post
    It might be George S. Clinton. He did a lot of pop stuff in the '70s.
    I didn't realize that there were two George Clintons. Thanks.