[REMOVE ADS]

USA Out of Print CD Stores?

Can anyone advise me of any good USA stores that have a good stock of out of print Soul CD's.

I am after a copy of The Originals Portrait of The Originals CD, currently I have it on my iPod but it is not a perfect copy as the vinyl which I copied it off was a little worn!

Any help or advice would mean a lot!

Thanks John

Try:
    Dusty Groove
    Amoeba
    They are both online, too.

Thanks Soulster, much appreciated, I had tried Dust Grove, but I had never heard of Amoeba, I will check them out!

The good news is overnight I got an email from a USA seller who had found the CD for me and it will be in the post today, so that means I have every CD release The Originals made, just looking forward to the Down to Love Town extended CD!

Here is a link of a few places where you can purchase a used copy on line

http://www.gemm.com/search/artist/OR...S/ORIGINALS/P/

And RECORD STORE DAY is coming up. They have a site. If you punch in your location, it will bring up a list of independant record shops near you. Most of them are surviving by selling used out of print product.

http://www.recordstoreday.com/Home

jaybs;
    I don't know where you live, but if you are near California, a special trip to Amoeba is a must. This small chain of three stores will blow you away. I am only familiar at this time with their Los Angeles location in downtown Hollywood. The space is like a huge warehouse with gigantic vinyl and CD music sections. Their huge Jazz section is second to none!

In Northern California, they have a location in Berkely and San Francisco. I'm from Canada and when I go to L.A., I try to stop in every second day if I can. Their stock is constantly changing as they are one of the few places that gives you cash or trade in value for gently used music formats. I am so much impressed by the wide variety of music, to be found at Amoeba, that on my next trip to California, I am taking the Amtrack coach train from Vancouver to Seattle, then transferring to the Amtrack Coastal Star to S.F. I plan to check out both their bay area locations for the first time. Their stores are THAT much of a destination point!

For those not so willing to travel, Ameoba does a customer search and mail out program and they often have sales and free US postal delivery, which as a Canadian I can not access. Check out their website. Happy hunting.

P.S. I am not an employee, but just a very happy repeat customer.

I'm in Arizona, but I have made special trips out to L.A. just to go to Amoeba.

I'm in the UK, but thanks for introducing Amoeba to me, I have saved their website!

Quote Originally Posted by jaybs View Post

I have every CD release The Originals made, just looking forward to the Down to Love Town extended CD!
    >I'm also looking forward to the DTLT CD by the Originals. Hopefully it'll be released soon.

I have a friend who makes CD-Rs for me. He's quite good at it and can remaster vinyl albums to digital disc that sound better than what Hip_O as done. But when looking for rare discs, I use Ebay, Gemm and Amazon.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamasu_Jr View Post
    I have a friend who makes CD-Rs for me. He's quite good at it and can remaster vinyl albums to digital disc that sound better than what Hip_O as done.
    That's what I do too, but I don't bother with CD-R anymore. I archive to various hard drives and my own sever. I only burn a CD-R if there is no other way to play the albums or singles.

You aren't afraid of losing files or having computer failure? We have a computer that's down now that my brother and nephew had stored files on. Luckily they burned most of the songs to discs.