[REMOVE ADS]

Jennifer Hudson singing Aretha song at an Aretha tribute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiJbRX8msKc I have always loved this song--I probably prefer Lulu's original the most but Jennifer is amazing!! Oh me oh my...

I don't care for her version... Aretha's is pretty good... but still nothing compared to Lulu's original.

No Never was a Lulu fan and he version is just run of the mill for me, Great Soul from Jennifer!

It's a great world we can all have different music tastes! Dusty Springfield is the only British female singer who can be listed as having some Soul!
    Last edited by jaybs; 02-23-2013 at 08:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jaybs View Post
    No Never was a Lulu fan and he version is just run of the mill for me, Great Soul from Jennifer!

It's a great world we can all have different music tastes! Dusty Springfield is the only British female singer who can be listed as having some Soul!
    My issues with both Jennifer's and Aretha's version are that they are far too slow. And also, in Aretha's version, she sings way behind the music, which I can't STAND. Those are two primary issues. The song has a delicate melody, and singing it with too many runs and slowing it down so much just makes it drag, and very laborious to listen to. Having said that... the alternate version of Lulu's is WAY better than the one that she released:

I like Lulus released version out of all of these versions. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by jaybs View Post

Caron Wheeler...........

Quote Originally Posted by jillfoster View Post
    I don't care for her version... Aretha's is pretty good... but still nothing compared to Lulu's original.
    Aretha put her foot in it and LuLu nailed! Both versions are good, special in there own ways. I always wondered what Gladys Knight would have done with the song.

Aretha's version is the far better version.

Tyrone

Lulu played BB Kings last weekend. That woman has soul and many R&B fans. She kills Oh me oh my in a subtle way. Good ques Marv--I can hear Gladys doin it!

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    I like Lulus released version out of all of these versions. Sorry.
    I like it, too... but on that alternate one I posted, the little run she does right before the cold ending is what rocks my world.