[REMOVE ADS]

All my temptaholics-how long have you been....tempted?

I was sitting thinking about our heroes when i realized that i've been a temps fan for fifty years[wow]it all started for me with a little ditty called[i want a love i can see]in 63,when did you first get tempted?

Every since my Dad bought "The Way You Do the Things You Do" back in 1964
    I've been a fan.

"The Way You Do The Things You Do" was my introduction to the Temptations as well.

I'm losing you,It was on the UK only, British Motown Charbusters LP [[which after time became Vol 1) Although it was probably "Get ready" that really got me.

I was the only kid in my extended family the adults trusted to handle their albums. I
    remember like it was yesterday my mom and I visiting her aunt and seeing in her living room the cover of The Temptations album Gettin' Ready. I'd heard a few times on the radio
    the single really and got really excited but composed myself to calmly ask Sally, can I listen
    to some songs on this? She and my mother looked at each, she smiled and said, Sure, baby
    and I was hooked...That was 1966, best time of my childhood....

In 1967 my older sister while moving into her marital home, had about 15 albums of which I believe all were Motown. Perhaps her husband had all of these albums as well, and the albums wound up in my possession.

The thing that got me about the collection was the Tempts Greatest Hits LP. The purple cover did nothing for me but on the back were liner notes by by fellow Philly native Bill Cosby who was notoriously hip at the time, and the picture of these 5 cats in white suits with matching "Beatle Boots". As popular music was not allowed in the house growing up, though it was 1967, it was all new to me, except My Girl, which one would have had to have been in outer space to have not heard. Ironically I noted that of the 12 cuts, most of the songs were written by this Wm. Robinson fellow, which started an enduring love affair with the music of Smokey as well. But that picture, which I don't have, I believe is one of the best shots of the classic lineup on stage.

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  21.1 KB
    I was a Temptations fan before they were The Temptations. I was a big fan of The Distants and bought their 2 records on Northern and Warwick Records. Then I also bought their two records on Miracle Records and "Dream Come True" [[their first Gordy Record, and also their "Meet The Temptations" LP.

Name:  ad scsh.JPG
Views: 162
Size:  30.4 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by arrr&bee View Post
    I was sitting thinking about our heroes when i realized that i've been a temps fan for fifty years[wow]it all started for me with a little ditty called[i want a love i can see]in 63,when did you first get tempted?
    I'm a young-'un around here...50. So, the first time I ever remember hearing the Tempts was at the age of three, hearing the 45 of "My Girl" on the stereo "record player". I used to watch the record spin round and round as it played.