[REMOVE ADS]

Smokey Robinson :The Solo Years [[Albums) Vol. 2

FYI: The second volume of Smokey Robinson's solo albums is slated for release around the time we will get Tammi Terrell's anticipated set. This was rather quick for Hip O Select, don't you think? The first volume was issued just a few weeks ago. The second Smokey set includes A Quiet Storm and Smokey Family Robinson [[I think that was the Lp's title).
    How do you feel about these recent reissues from Motown in the 70s?
    Are there any classic Mmotown titles from the 1960s you would prefer?

RossHolloway Guest
    While I haven't purchased the first volume yet, it is on my list. And I'm loving the idea of these complete album sets: David Ruffin, Eddie Kendricks, The 70's Supremes, The Miracles, The Marvelettes...are we noticing a trend yet? I wonder who's next up to get the treatment? I vote Jr. Walker and the AllStars or Mary Wells!!!

I love the reissues from the 1970's. Looking forward to volume 3 [[Deep In My Soul/Big Time). Would love to see Jr. Walker's and The Temptations' 70's lps,The Miracles [[with Billy Griffin), Undisputed Truth, and Syreeta to start.

From the 60's I would prefer Mary Wells, Martha & The Vandellas, Shorty Long and the remaining Supremes lps not available on cd.

Solo Years

I can't remember the date for release but I know it is imminent, and Amazon have the price of £11.99.

I can't get excited about the Smokey Robinson material - although I have most of his albums on vinyl, I never play them, and if I could sell them easily, I would.

I do understand why Hip-O are releasing these - he was a major Motown artist, and rightly deserves his material to be released on CD.