[REMOVE ADS]

RIP Rick Huxley of the Dave Clark Five

Rick Huxley, the bassist for '60s pop group the Dave Clark Five, has died at the age of 72. According to the BBC, the musician's passing comes as a shock to those who were close to him.

Huxley had been battling emphysema caused by years of smoking, but was recently deemed to be in good health. "We'd talk once a week. I spoke to Rick on Friday, he was in great spirits," a devastated Dave Clark said.

"Rick was a dear friend and an immensely talented musician with an amazing sense of humor, he always made me smile."

The death of Huxley leaves only two remaining members of the Dave Clark Five, guitarist Lenny Davidson and Clark himself. Saxophonist Denis Peyton and singer Mike Smith died in 2006 and 2008, respectively.

In recent years Huxley earned his keep through real estate and royalties. In 2008, he was inducted by actor Tom Hanks into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame alongside Clark and Davidson. The bassist's wife died just last year.

They were one of my favorite 60's band, and they are so underrated. I would put them up there with the Beach Boys, Beatles and the stones.

Been without the internet for the past 3 days, Im sorry to hear this I remember seeing him on TV when they were inducted into the RRHOF. RIP. I love Catch us If you Can and Because.