[REMOVE ADS]

AN UNKNOWN POINTER SISTERS ON THIS EARLY 70's ELVIN BISHOP TRACK

Very cool never heard this one! So is that June on lead vocal?

No, the Pointer Sisters only provided background vocals. This song is from the album "Feel It!" by The Elvin Bishop Group released in 1970 on Fillmore Records. At that time Jo Baker was the female vocalist for the group and that is her singing on the track. Stephen Miller did male vocals for the group. Bishop sang only one lead on this particular album. The Pointer Sisters are credited as background vocals for three tracks on this album and interestingly they are listed as "The Pointers Sisters [[Patricia, June, and Anita)". I bought the album after seeing the group perform here in San Diego as I was quite taken with Jo Baker, especially her performance of this song. She also wrote the song. I don't know what became of her.
    Last edited by sophisticated_soul; 02-07-2013 at 09:19 PM. Reason: addition and correction

Jo Baker with Bishop, from the albums' back cover. This picture also appears on Elvin Bishop's Wiki page, incorrectly dated as 1975.
    Attachment 6027

I just checked the net for Jo Baker, she passed in 1996. The lady had a voice.

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/O...er-2959748.php