[REMOVE ADS]

Cecil Womack RIP

There are reports elsewhere on the net that the fine songwriter Cecil Womack had died . He started in the music business as one of The Valentinos, proteges of Sam Cooke. In the 80s as part of Womack & Womack he had big hits with 'Love Wars' & 'Teardrops'.

His first wife was Mary Wells with whom he had three children and later he married Linda Cooke daughter of Sam Cooke and had four more children. He is, of course Bobby Womack's brother.

I saw them all perform some years ago dressed in modest African attire and it was in Africa that he has died.
    Last edited by MarieRoseSauce; 02-02-2013 at 05:17 PM. Reason: Spolling error

I just saw something about it too. He was the youngest of the Womack Brothers at 65. I enjoyed his work especially with Linda and Chaka Khan. Rest in peace Curtis. Thanks man...

Marv

Sorry to hear this.
    May Cecil rest in peace.

S.S.

So sorry to hear this. I know Bobby recently announced he has Alzheimer's. We're losing too many of our legends too fast. May Cecil Womack R. I. P...

~Mary~

Wow....just read the new book on Mary Wells and learned about Cecil and his brothers. RIP

Another sad loss for Soul Music. There needs to be a SERIOUS HISTORIC and comprehensive source of documentation and or museum created to chronicle the genre, representing not only the most popular artists ,writers or groups but ALL that contributed to the musics history ,be it that they were from northern ,southern ,east or west.

RIP Cecil Womack

I am so saddened to hear this as he was a dear friend. I thought they were living back
    in Calif., but sources say Africa, though which country is not given nor the cause of
    his untimely death.

Cecil will be sorely missed.... songwriter / performer extraordinaire.

Perhaps his greatest song, a massive hit for Teddy Pendergrass, but his version is the equal

According to Bobby's autobiography, he said that Cecil wasn't speaking to him anymore, which I thought was sad. Hopefully, they did reconcile since then, but who knows. In any event, RIP, Cecil, and thank you...

Best,

Mark

I just finished reading the Mary Wells book also. Very sorry to hear this news.

Sorry to hear this may the family be comforted.

Womack & Womack was a very hip duo, very much ahead of their time. What surprised me greatly was that Mary Wells and her second husband, Curtis Womack often sang background vocals on the W&W albums. Curtis' brother, Cecil. had also been married to Mary and some of her post Motown records feature songs written by Cecil and Mary Womack. What a musical dynasty. May Curtis rest in peace.

I just Loved the duo Womack & Womack. They were so soulful. May the God of comfort be with the family.

http://youtu.be/ovDpk48pH2E

Quote Originally Posted by nysister View Post
    I just Loved the duo Womack & Womack. They were so soulful. May the God of comfort be with the family.

http://youtu.be/ovDpk48pH2E

Okay, this one right here used to be my JAM!!!!!!

http://youtu.be/NL6OvYJcBrY

I love this song and the video is so cute.

Oh man, this is becoming too much to take. My band's been doing this song for about a month now. We'll have to dedicate it back to the writer next week.

I am just now hearing this.

Too sad