[REMOVE ADS]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    "Dance Yeah Dance" from Thelma Brown is like a precursor to Sly Stone's "Dance to the Music". Love this track, but my fave is "Grass Seems Greener". Also enjoying Kim's "It's Too Soon To Know" and Brenda's "Til Johnny Comes" [[yes I know that's not new but just great).

I just ordered it today!

I was surprised to find this CD at a local music store. I thought the only way to get this would be via mail order. This is a good compilation--I've been enjoying it.

Jeff

RossHolloway Guest
    I know I'm a few months late to this party, but finally ordered and received a copy of this release two days ago and I'm really loving the unreleased tracks on this cd.

My FAVORITE track has got to be Carolyn Crawford's Lover Boy. WOW. This track just makes the cd for me and reminds me of why I became a Motown fan, for little gems like this. I think Smokey Robinson just had a special way of writing for and producing for female singers. He has such a way of bringing out the sweetness and phrasing in certain singers like Carolyn, Brenda and Mary Wells. The song is just beautiful.

RossHolloway - I have to agree. After the first play of the cd, I went back and played 'Lover Boy' again - and again. Isn't it amazing how your ears just tune in to certain songs? they become instant 'all time favourites', while others wash over you.

RossHolloway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by keith_hughes View Post
    Seems like Bettie Winston was the voice on the second [["Marvelettes") version of "Grass" too.

DFTMC only contains tracks that have been released, or for which acetates are known to exist: the "missing" tracks will therefore appear in the next edition.

Enjoy the Carolyn Crawford track - it looks like we've reached the bottom of that particular barrel, sad to say.
    KH- DFTMC lists track titled Watch Yourself by Carolyn Craword, completed 3/4/64 and produced by Andre Williams. Is there ONE last track by CC left in the vaults????

This track appeared on an acetate - it was never properly mixed at the time. All the mixed tracks by Ms Crawford have now been released. Sometimes multi-track recordings were overdubbed by another artist, so unless the original track was rough-mixed for an acetate it's gone forever.

Until someone listens to the original multi-track, we don't know if the original artist's vocal track is still there. The search continues ... with Motown, never say never ...

RossHolloway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by keith_hughes View Post
    This track appeared on an acetate - it was never properly mixed at the time. All the mixed tracks by Ms Crawford have now been released. Sometimes multi-track recordings were overdubbed by another artist, so unless the original track was rough-mixed for an acetate it's gone forever.

Until someone listens to the original multi-track, we don't know if the original artist's vocal track is still there. The search continues ... with Motown, never say never ...
    So there may be a chance that this track exists but just not discovered/located as of yet. Do you happen to know who else recorded the track? Have you heard the acetate?

Russ: "Watch Yourself" on the acetate is a different song to the one on the Motown tape, and I now suspect that the singer is not Ms Crawford. Sadly, no vocals by anyone on the tape itself.