[REMOVE ADS]

Diana's "Baby It's Me" Expanded?

Has Andy or George announced a release date or given any updates regarding the "Baby It's Me" expanded project? I remember the team stating it was complete and awaiting a release date when "I Hear A Symphony" was introduced.

When we learned in November/December that Martha's 50th Anniversary Collection was being pushed back to April, I wondered if there might be a general "slowing down" of releases at Hip-O. There has been very little discussed or "leaked" about what's coming up and when for 2013. I always fear that economic conditions may be having an effect. Recall that a couple of the most recent released were for far fewer that the 5000 copies of earlier releases.

I suspect that "Berry Gordy's Motown" opening on Broadway in April may have something to do with all that.....
    Guess we will have to wait until April to find out

Quote Originally Posted by Sacramento John View Post
    I suspect that "Berry Gordy's Motown" opening on Broadway in April may have something to do with all that.....
    Guess we will have to wait until April to find out
    Perceptive John.

If the musical is a success, it could put a few dollars in all the old artists pockets and spike their bookings.

I would anticpate that Universal would get the "Original Broadway Cast" recording. I would imagine they would like THAT to get the big push first, then the original artist's recording[[s).

It will be interesting to see if the Cast recording is imprinted with the "Motown" label