[REMOVE ADS]

Sarah Palin & Fox Part Company: Fox is the MOST POPULAR news channel????

After a three-year run as a paid contributor to the nation’s highest-rated cable news channel, Sarah Palin and FOX News have cut ties, according to a source close to the former Alaska governor.

“It’s my understanding that Gov. Palin was offered a contract by FOX, and she decided not to renew the arrangement,” the source close to Palin told RCP. “She remains focused on broadening her message of common-sense conservatism across the country and will be expanding her voice in the national discussion.”

The source declined to say whether Palin would pursue a television contract with another news network, such as CNN.

Bill Shine, Executive Vice President at FOX, subsequently issued a statement to the New York Times confirming the news, saying, “We have thoroughly enjoyed our association with Governor Palin. We wish her the best in her future endeavors.”

After resigning as governor in 2009, Palin became one of the news channel’s marquee on-air assets, appearing frequently across its programming and often generating headlines for her memorable and characteristically provocative commentary.

In 2010, FOX constructed a studio inside Palin’s Wasilla, Alaska, home -- where her husband, Todd, would sometimes act as cameraman and producer during her live television appearances.

Palin’s relationship with FOX appeared to take several rocky turns. In a Facebook post during the Republican convention last August, for instance, the 2008 Republican vice-presidential nominee lamented that the news channel had “cancelled all my scheduled interviews tonight.”

Scott Conroy is a national political reporter for RealClearPolitics. He can be reached at sconroy@realclearpolitics.com. Follow him on Twitter @RealClearScott.

smark21 Guest
    Remember most Americans have enough sense not to watch any of the cable news channels. Fox News usually pulls in 3 million viewers. The population of the US is over 250 million people. With more and more channels, the TV market is more fragmented than ever. Also, Fox News has terrible demographics as their viewership skews older, rural, poorer and less educated.

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    Remember most Americans have enough sense not to watch any of the cable news channels. Fox News usually pulls in 3 million viewers. The population of the US is over 250 million people. With more and more channels, the TV market is more fragmented than ever. Also, Fox News has terrible demographics as their viewership skews older, rural, poorer and less educated.
    The version I read was that she was fired. And, let's face it: she made the republiKKKans look too bad. She represented the tea-party, who are increasingly being seen as nut-job obstructionists and racists. That's why she got shut out of the convention and FAUX.

It's very true about FAUX news' demographics. They are older and whiter. Even the way their broadcasts are presented cater to that group. The font on the screen are larger, they constantly have the American flag in view, the graphics are sparse, and there is no background noise or fancy sets. The pundits talk slow and quiet. Contrast that with CNN and MSNBC, which has a younger, and, some say, more liberal audience.

The bottom line here is that the GOP [[Grand Obstructionist Party) wants back in power, and they can't do that with nuts like Palin running her mouth on their biggest propaganda outlet.

Thanks guys. I appreciate the explanation about the viewership. Hearing that and taken with the gun problem in much of the USA..........sad state of affairs.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Thanks guys. I appreciate the explanation about the viewership. Hearing that and taken with the gun problem in much of the USA..........sad state of affairs.
    Kinda makes you wish you could emulate Tina Turner and move to Switzerland.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    Kinda makes you wish you could emulate Tina Turner and move to Switzerland.
    So I read she has renounced her American citizenship to live in Switzerland. What is that all about?

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    The version I read was that she was fired. And, let's face it: she made the republiKKKans look too bad. She represented the tea-party, who are increasingly being seen as nut-job obstructionists and racists. That's why she got shut out of the convention and FAUX.

It's very true about FAUX news' demographics. They are older and whiter. Even the way their broadcasts are presented cater to that group. The font on the screen are larger, they constantly have the American flag in view, the graphics are sparse, and there is no background noise or fancy sets. The pundits talk slow and quiet. Contrast that with CNN and MSNBC, which has a younger, and, some say, more liberal audience.

The bottom line here is that the GOP [[Grand Obstructionist Party) wants back in power, and they can't do that with nuts like Palin running her mouth on their biggest propaganda outlet.
    I can agree with that assessment. Never really gave it much thought.