[REMOVE ADS]

"Unsung": Grasping at straws?

I've enjoyed watching the "Unsung" series, especially the episodes on the Marvelettes and Florence Ballard.

Am wondering though:

"Unsung" [[according to Merriam-Webster) means "not celebrated or praised".

To me, yes, the Marvelettes fit that category. Florence Ballard, well maybe. Is she "unsung" because of the way her life ended? Too young and no longer living the life she had grown accustomed to? She certainly, through her life, WAS celebrated and praised.....

Which brings this up is: I see that "Unsung" recently put the spotlight on Isaac Hayes. Again, when you look at the facts of his career [[from wiki):

* Co-wrote "Soul Man", recognized as one of the most influential songs of the past 50 years by the Grammy Hall of Fame. It was also honored by The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, by Rolling Stone magazine, and by the RIAA as one of the Songs of the Century.

* For "Theme from Shaft", he was awarded the Academy Award for Best Original Song in 1972. He became the third African-American, after Sidney Poitier and Hattie McDaniel, to win an Academy Award in any competitive field covered by Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. He also won two Grammy Awards for that same year. Later, he was given his third Grammy for his music album Black Moses.

* In 1992, in recognition of humanitarian work there, he was crowned the honorary king of the Ada, Ghana region. He also acted in motion pictures and television, such as in the movie, I'm Gonna Git You Sucka, and as Gandolf "Gandy" Fitch in the TV series The Rockford Files [[1974–1980). From 1997 to 2005, he lent his distinctive, deep voice to the character "Chef" on the animated TV series South Park.

* Allmusic.com says that Isaac Hayes is responsible for the evolution of disco and rap.

* In 2003, Hayes was honored as a BMI Icon at the 2003 BMI Urban Awards for his enduring influence on generations of music makers.

* Throughout his songwriting career, Hayes received five BMI R&B Awards, two BMI Pop Awards, two BMI Urban Awards and six Million-Air citations. As of 2008, his songs generated more than 12 million performances

I could go on and on, but after reading all of the accolades and awards as listed above, to me it just doesn't seem that Hayes is "Unsung". With all due respect, he did more in his career than many could ever dream of.

So the question is: what does one have to do [[or not do) to be considered "unsung"? Is the series "grasping at straws" by including such artists as Isaac Hayes?

And for the record: this may not exclusively be a "Motown" topic, but certainly many Motown artists have been included in the series.....

Why'd you have to pick Isaac? His career was definitely successful and celebrated, but does he get the respect and recognition he is due? NO! But frankly, there are others in Memphis that could have been spotlighted like Carla Thomas and David Porter. The latter is especially Unsung because his former songwriting partner usually gets the spotlight. But there are some who don't like the "unsung" title.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 01-24-2013 at 05:49 PM.

I'm not sure if I'd say the series is grasping at straws when picking who to profile. I'm sure they have to have sort of criteria when picking a subject. That said, many of the performers featured on the show are far from "unsung". A better title for the series might have been "BEHIND THE MUSIC", but that was already taken.

Just to note: my comments are not a dig at the "unsung" series. Many of the acts would never receive such attention from other networks. And aside from consistently misidentifying photos, I think "unsung" is very well done.
    Last edited by reese; 01-24-2013 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    I'm not sure if I'd say the series is grasping at straws when picking who to profile. I'm sure they have to have sort of criteria when picking a subject. That said, many of the performers featured on the show are far from "unsung". A better title for the series might have been "BEHIND THE MUSIC", but that was already taken.

Just to note: my comments are not a dig at the "unsung" series. Many of the acts would never receive such attention from other networks. And aside from consistently misidentifying photos, I think "unsung" is very well done.
    I guess I'm not hung up on the title of the seris because I am grateful they are spotligthing artist that we may never have a chance to view such a profile on thier musical history. I just say keep them coming Unsung or not. I don't thinkwe would have gotten profileson David Ruffin, Tammi Terrell, Florence Ballard, Mary Wells, and so many others that the show has featured in the past and the upcoming episodes like Eddie Kendricks.

I know this doesn't apply to artists who are deceased, but TV-One hasn't always had an easy time of it as far as getting artists to participate in the Unsung series. Quite a few acts do not want their name associated with the "Unsung" tag.

smark21 Guest
    Don’t take the series’ title so seriously. At most it means the show is spotlighting acts that never received a Behind the Music, American Masters, or E! True Hollywood Story.

Isaac Hayes is one of the most well known musicians-writers-singers in the history of Pop and Soul Music. I think that TV One is like any other business, it has to get decent rating to survive and they know that well known artists like the ones they have already profiled will get attention whether they fit the Unsung criteria or not.

They should change the name of the program because they are hardly sticking to it's original premise. Eddie Kendricks unsung? HA! He is extremely famous.

This has long been my biggest beef with the premise of the title & I have stated that here & elsewhere on many occasions.

Personally, I enjoy seeing ALL of the profiles & am looking forward to many more. My problem with the whole thing is that when you start calling folks such as Teddy Pendergrass who was one of the MAJOR crossover acts "unsung", or you call crossover acts like The O'Jays "unsung", when you label people whom are well-known whom have reams of articles written about them for no less than 20 years, not only do you do them a disservice, but you also do a disservice to the acts whom are TRULY unsung.

Look at someone like Stephanie Mills who's REFUSED an episode of "Unsung" because she doesn't want to be perceived as though she hasn't acheived success. And let's be real, this is a business where for the most part ego, position & status rules. How many Pop or Rock stars who've enjoyed major success would EVER want to have their accomplishments or 30 year + career reduced to being regarded as "unsung"?

Would you? I sure wouldn't!

Now next week's episode is what "Unsung" should be about. Midnight Starr was a group that from about 1982 to 1988 enjoyed some pretty good success on the R&B charts, but went pretty much unnoticed by the mainstream. They deserve their spotlight, as did Atlantic Starr who from 1978 to 1983 enjoyed a great deal of popularity on the R&B charts, until scoring their POP success after "the band turned", so to speak, by relieving themselves of many members of the band & having it revolve around the brothers & moving out Sharon Bryant, a move that I don't believe that I've ever forgiven them for making. The success of "Always" & "If Your Heart Isn't In It" [[a far cry from their soulful efforts with Sharon Bryant) notwithstanding, they were "unsung" because the vast majority of the MAINSTREAM only know them for those 2 records & not their several FAR superior ballads & dance cuts which preceeded them. So to my way of thinking, their story qualifies.

The Whispers are coming up & there's no doubt that they DEFINITELY fit the descriptive "Unsung". These men have been recording since 1964, have ENTIRE LPS which qualify for most artists to be their "Greatest Hits" collection, yet they have NEVER received the sort of mainstream love that their Pop & Rock peers whom have compiled far less quality releases over a far shorter period of time than The Whispers have. If the mainstream know them for anything at all, it's for one of my LEAST favorite Whispers cuts, "Rock Steady", than for their many great ballads & dance cuts which proceeded it.

This is not to say that the stories of the more popular artists should not be told because they should be & I enjoy them. HOWEVER...I can think of several other artists whom much better fit the descriptive "unsung" & more than a few of them are friends of mine & their stories deserve to be told as well. It's that simple & that's been my argument all along.

I believe that the show should live up to the title. If you're going to lump people who've sold millions, crossed-over to Pop & have several Top 10 Pop hits, Platinum & Gold records with artists whom haven't, then just change the name to something else, or since viewer feedback seems to be part of the methodology used to complie these episodes, then simply call it "Whomever The Hell We Want To Profile" & just leave it at that.

But for me, far too many of these people are as far from being "Unsung" as I am to being one of Gladys' Pips. I simply believe that they should stick to the definition of the word because if the definition of words mean nothing & can be twisted at someone's whim, why bother to define anything at all?

You can call a camel a turtle, but doing so just doesn't make it so. And if any of us here were to use words & their definitions out of context, people would be laughing at us & saying how we're trying to use million dollar words while not knowing what they mean.

"Unsung" should mean "UNSUNG". You just can't take words & change them to fit your own personal definition because it's convenient to do so.

And again, lumping everyone together only ensures that a lot of deserving people whom have never & will never receive a deserved spotlight, will likely never receive one.

Personally, this is not much different than how the R&R HOF operates by inducting what's currently popular & kowtowing to the sensibilities of younger voters before acknowledging the more deserving pioneers who preceeded the new jacks or those elected due to politics.

If WE, the Soul music community can't get THIS right, then whom, if anyone at all, will care enough to bother trying to get it right?

Mellow_Q, you are so right. I mentioned Stephanie Mills as being one of those artists & indeed there are several more.

Some people are just so happy to have a chance to be seen or to talk into a tv camera these many years later. But truthfully, when you consider the fact that while Pop & Rock acts are still regarded as being relevant, it's rather interesting how Soul & R&B acts are constantly having to fight to be considered relevant. You & I both know about how many of our artists are struggling to sell out theatres & have to work harder at keeping those shows rolling in.

Meanwhile, I can roll out any combination of The Beach Boys & the corpses of Brian Jones, Jerry Garcia & Jim Morrison into an arena & likely sell out a damn tour.

Following up on what you said about the artists, I've met Barry Williams of The Brady Bunch & he wasn't even a singer & I can guarantee you that he doesn't consider himself to be "unsung". This man has never had a hit record & will still expect to be treated as though he was a major recording artist.

I can guarantee you that Bobby Sherman, Leif Garrett & every single member of Menudo would be pissed to be labelled as "unsung". How much more should the fans of The O'Jays, Spinners, Gerald Levert, etc. feel about having stars of that ilk called "unsung"?

Oh really? Unsung to whom?

Sorry folks, we should really know better than this & not be happy that even our biggest stars are mislabelled & devalued in this way.

Who's next...Al Green, Stevie Wonder & Barry White? Luther Vandross perhaps?

Sorry, but the name needs to be changed. It's just another example of why we receive so little respect from many. Seriously, when you're willing to devalue your own stars in this way, why in the hell would anyone in the mainstream care about them?

I believe that a better vehicle could be created to honor our stars along the lines of the "Headliners & Legends" series that used to air on A&E.

Certainly there are access to dictionaries & enough creative minds to come up with an appropriate concept which will honor the brightest of our stars as opposed to attempting to fit square pegs into round holes.

With that said, I realize that many are just so happy to be seeing these stories that they couldn't care less what the show is called.

And it's kinda sad that all too often, this "crumbs off the table" mentality always seems to happen to be the case where we're concerned. It reeks of a "just be thankful for whatever we give you" kind of mindset & there's something about it that just doesn't sit right with me.

Another way to look at it is how most of us would respond & do respond when the mainstream dares to suggest that some of our biggest stars are less than we believe thm to be or labels them with descriptives that we consider to be denigrating.

Very interesting study of contrasts if you ask me.
    Last edited by juicefree20; 01-25-2013 at 12:12 AM.

Some real "Unsungs" I'm still waiting for...SOS Band [[only 1 top pop 10, for all I know), Patrice Rushen [[0 pop top tens, nor even any r&b no.1s either I could recall - but who can not feel a number of her songs should have been, let alone her great influence over the whole music business?), Jermaine Stewart [[despite number of jams, known time-and-again as "one hit wonder" despite TWO top pop 40s), Dazz Band [[career had at least ten albums, yet still only known for only "Let It Whip", OK maybe "Joystick" too), ect.

Quote Originally Posted by Ngroove View Post
    Some real "Unsungs" I'm still waiting for...SOS Band [[only 1 top pop 10, for all I know), Patrice Rushen [[0 pop top tens, nor even any r&b no.1s either I could recall - but who can not feel a number of her songs should have been, let alone her great influence over the whole music business?), Jermaine Stewart [[despite number of jams, known time-and-again as "one hit wonder" despite TWO top pop 40s), Dazz Band [[career had at least ten albums, yet still only known for only "Let It Whip", OK maybe "Joystick" too), ect.
    I agree that those would be appropriate choices Ngroove.

Well... I guess they chose Isaac Hayes, because he wasn't on the level of Marvin Gaye or Luther Vandross success... but the series is good, I don't care, really. Also, "unsung" to me works for artists like Minnie Riperton, because she died so young... that truly IS unsung.

Quote Originally Posted by Ngroove View Post
    I agree.... and I might add to that Shirley Murdock.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    I've enjoyed watching the "Unsung" series, especially the episodes on the Marvelettes and Florence Ballard.

Am wondering though:

"Unsung" [[according to Merriam-Webster) means "not celebrated or praised".

To me, yes, the Marvelettes fit that category. Florence Ballard, well maybe. Is she "unsung" because of the way her life ended? Too young and no longer living the life she had grown accustomed to? She certainly, through her life, WAS celebrated and praised.....

Which brings this up is: I see that "Unsung" recently put the spotlight on Isaac Hayes. Again, when you look at the facts of his career [[from wiki):

* Co-wrote "Soul Man", recognized as one of the most influential songs of the past 50 years by the Grammy Hall of Fame. It was also honored by The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, by Rolling Stone magazine, and by the RIAA as one of the Songs of the Century.

* For "Theme from Shaft", he was awarded the Academy Award for Best Original Song in 1972. He became the third African-American, after Sidney Poitier and Hattie McDaniel, to win an Academy Award in any competitive field covered by Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. He also won two Grammy Awards for that same year. Later, he was given his third Grammy for his music album Black Moses.

* In 1992, in recognition of humanitarian work there, he was crowned the honorary king of the Ada, Ghana region. He also acted in motion pictures and television, such as in the movie, I'm Gonna Git You Sucka, and as Gandolf "Gandy" Fitch in the TV series The Rockford Files [[1974–1980). From 1997 to 2005, he lent his distinctive, deep voice to the character "Chef" on the animated TV series South Park.

* Allmusic.com says that Isaac Hayes is responsible for the evolution of disco and rap.

* In 2003, Hayes was honored as a BMI Icon at the 2003 BMI Urban Awards for his enduring influence on generations of music makers.

* Throughout his songwriting career, Hayes received five BMI R&B Awards, two BMI Pop Awards, two BMI Urban Awards and six Million-Air citations. As of 2008, his songs generated more than 12 million performances

I could go on and on, but after reading all of the accolades and awards as listed above, to me it just doesn't seem that Hayes is "Unsung". With all due respect, he did more in his career than many could ever dream of.

So the question is: what does one have to do [[or not do) to be considered "unsung"? Is the series "grasping at straws" by including such artists as Isaac Hayes?

And for the record: this may not exclusively be a "Motown" topic, but certainly many Motown artists have been included in the series.....
    I appreciate your opinion, Juice... but there's also another way to look at this. I think many people would consider someone "Unsung", not because they weren't big a while, or had some hits... but an artist that SHOULD have been bigger than they were, is unsung for many people. In my mind, if you have more than 5 top 10 hits, then you shouldn't qualify... but that's only my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by jillfoster View Post
    I appreciate your opinion, Juice... but there's also another way to look at this. I think many people would consider someone "Unsung", not because they weren't big a while, or had some hits... but an artist that SHOULD have been bigger than they were, is unsung for many people. In my mind, if you have more than 5 top 10 hits, then you shouldn't qualify... but that's only my opinion.
    The moment they hit "Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction", I would say, is when an artist truly is not "Unsung" ex. Isaac Hayes, Sly & the Family Stone, George Clinton / Parliament

Yeppers...and two more on the way...

Eddie Kendricks...I'd say Unsung. Not as a Temptation, but himself. I'm sure there are HUNDREDS of music compilations that holds "The Way You Do The Things You Do", "Get Ready" and "Just My Imagination", maybe only a eighth of that number that uses "Keep On Truckin"....the rest, only extremely dedicated Motown / Disco collections use "Boogie Down" or "He's A Friend".

Johnny Gill...Welll....As much as I'm sure he was loved for his music with Stacy Lattisaw, and "Half Crazy", and "Let's Get The Mood Right", and he apparently was a big deal on "Family Matters" when Laura Winslow was portrayed as having such a CRUSH on him....BUT....if the majority, casual crossover R&B listeners feintly recognizes his name...it would be for Top Tens only in 1990, "Rub You The Right Way" and "My My My", added with remembers New Edition better as the Ralph Trevsant-led years, or more likely, Bobby Brown... although "Boys To Men" had to be still THE performance of his life!
    Last edited by Ngroove; 01-25-2013 at 01:16 PM.

My small two cents: the show does need to balance delivering artists who specifically define the series title vs. having artists who will help bring names to it.

As the series has rolled on, I think its name is strengthened by the sheer volume of artists - whether they have had no hits or many many hits - as it testifies to the general nature of African-American artists working their art and groove in a European-dominant culture. [[That's not a judgement, just a truth.)

Truth: As famous as Isaac Hayes is, he is remembered in the dominant culture as "Chef" on South Park. He is not celebrated for his brilliant arrangements, songwriting, self-marketing and voice. "Unsung" does that celebrating. Re-frames careers appropriately. Etc.

So I applaud "Unsung" - it shines a light where lights need to be shined.

Quote Originally Posted by hwume View Post
    My small two cents: the show does need to balance delivering artists who specifically define the series title vs. having artists who will help bring names to it.

As the series has rolled on, I think its name is strengthened by the sheer volume of artists - whether they have had no hits or many many hits - as it testifies to the general nature of African-American artists working their art and groove in a European-dominant culture. [[That's not a judgement, just a truth.)

Truth: As famous as Isaac Hayes is, he is remembered in the dominant culture as "Chef" on South Park. He is not celebrated for his brilliant arrangements, songwriting, self-marketing and voice. "Unsung" does that celebrating. Re-frames careers appropriately. Etc.

Harry you do make some excellent points and it is very true about Isaac Hayes and the character "Chef" being what many [[younger) people remember him for, while I if asked to immediately name something Isaac Hayes is famous for would respond with the theme from "Shaft". I can appreciate what the "Unsung" program is offering, I also prefer that they not stray too far from the original premise of the show.

I would love to see Un-Sung episodes someday on Margie Joseph, Jackie Moore, Brenda Holloway, and The Jones Girls. They all made several first-rate recordings and they all rarely crossed over in a big way to the pop charts and they are all basically unknown now to the young, uneducated public.

Quote Originally Posted by hwume View Post

Harry you make a good point regarding the balance of the show. I think they do a good job those who we know to be unsung ie Phylllis Hyman capared to those that many feel is questionable ie The Ojays. Either way I will continue to support the program because there isn't another show like it that gives us an indepth look at Soul artist.

I agree with you 100% Marybrewster,i was thinking Issac Hayes,The O Jays,The Whispers Unsung,REALLY? lol,Unsung is Syreeta,Tammi, Terrell,Labelle,Freda Payne,Jermaine Stewart,Florence Ballard,Mary Wells,don't get me wrong i do enjoy them,TVONE should keep the show,just change the name,
    Please stay positive

honest man Guest
    Hmm bit of a tricky one, i enjoy the series[watch on yt],but if they went for more obscure acts would they get the viewers,if they are not really that unsung,they need some popularity to get the viewers,ie would people know Mary Wilson was a Supreme if she was unsung,i know we all do,but joe public maybe not, nothing against Mary[love her] just example. cheers.

Hwume made a good point about Isaac Hayes. He is basically nown to a generation for his work on South Park. They don't know of his work with David Porter or that he scored Shaft. Mellow G and Juice also made good points and cosigned what I said. A lot of artists don't see themselves as Unsung. They have egos like most creative and talented people and how dare someone suggest they were "unsung." Some see the title as a discredit to everything they've done-even if it was 2 or 3 hits.

Tell you what, some of the artists featured have had UK hits, but they're definitely Unsung in Britain. Most people here couldnt even name a Temptation or a Supreme apart from Diana Ross.

Stephanie Mills, R&B Diva, Refuses To Do TV One's 'Unsung' Series [[EXCLUSIVE)

Since its debut in 2008, TV One's hour-long music series, "Unsung," has been one of the network's crown jewels, covering the sometimes tragic careers of an array of celebrated music acts such as Teddy Pendergrass, DeBarge, Teena Marie, Melba Moore, Alexander O'Neal, Minnie Ripperton and Phyllis Hyman. Earlier this year the NAACP Image Award-winning series earned its highest rated, most successful season to date as it started airing in 27 percent more homes via various cable carriers.

Though the African-American targeted network is set to premiere the show's sixth season with Sly and the Family Stone on June 25, one veteran music act who viewers will never see on the series is Stephanie Mills.

The Brooklyn-bred songstress, who catapulted to the top of music charts in the 1980s and rubbed shoulders with the likes of Michael Jackson and Pendergrass after acclaimed stints on Broadway in "The Wiz" and "Maggie Flynn," seems to have a story that's ripe for "Unsung," which is often considered "the black version of 'Behind The Music' -- VH1's longtime biographical series." But according to the sometimes reclusive Mills, the retrospective show is just not her cup of tea.

"I don't like that show," the Grammy Award winner revealed in a recent interview with The Huffington Post. "They have approached me quite a few times, but I [won't] do that show."

"I've always been very private and at 55 I don't want to open up my life to that," the "Never Knew Love Like This Before" belter continued. "They've done Angela Winbush and they even wanted me to say something about her on that show, and I love Angela, we're sisters. But I had to tell her, 'I don't want to do that.' ... I'm not that girl."

Winbush, who wrote Mills' 1985 chart-topper "I've Learned To Respect [[The Power of Love)," made great fodder for "Unsung" with her revelations of domestic abuse, a nasty split with her longtime recording partner and a bout with ovarian cancer.

Mills, who herself has endured three failed marriages and is the single mother of a child with special needs, has no interest in being that forthcoming with her own story. "I don't want to get on these shows and open my life up; I don't think it's anyone's business."

The show's co-executive producer Mark Rowland of A. Smith & Co. Productions believes that the key to success of each episode is to profile amazing artists to create an "archival legacy."

"The show has managed to take a place of pride and honor in the community," Rowland stated in a 2011 interview with AOL BlackVoices. "There is a real sense of responsibility to keep it to that standard for us and to exceed it. We take our jobs very seriously. These are wonderful musical artists so there is fun involved, but we are excited to tell this ongoing story."

Although the series highlights the business and personal struggles that kept each artist from achieving commercial success, Mills doesn't feel that her career has gone unnoticed.

"I just think that it's not for me," she furthered. "Let me sing, let me do my concerts, let me do music."

On the other side of it, most of the acts featured on the show have met tragic fates [[destitution, drug abuse, death). Mills, who still is a major concert draw [[she's a headliner of New York City's Blue Note Music Festival next month), can't seem to fathom the thought of being considered in such company.

"I don't feel unsung," the pint-sized diva continued. "I feel like I've had a wonderful career. I've done wonderful things and met so many wonderful different people. So I don't feel like I'm unsung at all."

The upcoming season of "Unsung" will include Angela Bofill, Kool Moe Dee, The Marvellettes and the late Gerald Levert.

"They even called my agent and tried to offer me some kind of tour if I did the show, and I was like, 'I can't do it,'" she said. "It [goes against] everything that I believe in."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1552828.html

Wow! Thanks for posting that Skooldem. Stephanie Mills is not the only artist who feels that way.

By the way, didn't Isaac Hayes win an Academy Award in 1971 for the "Shaft" Soundtrack?

Once again, have to say, as a watcher since perhaps the second batch of episodes, LOVE the show! Good, comprehensive looks on many "old school" artists, even many overlooked, forgotten on the radio today.

Midnight Star, FUN episode! Even got me singin' along to favorites like "Wet My Whistle" and "Midas Touch" all over again! With the Whispers also coming, am now realizing any artist from the SOLAR catalog may be considered "Unsung", with even their top tier acts Whispers and Shalamar being given the "Unsung" treatment. Wonders how possible future batches may include: Lakeside? Carrie Lucas? Dynasty? Ooo, Ooo, Come on, the Deele! Bring some "Body Talk" to the show!
    Last edited by Ngroove; 01-31-2013 at 02:02 PM.

How about an "Unsung" on Rockwell or the group Apollo?

It seems hard to believe that an individual or group with so much star power and industry inside could fizzle?

How about an "Unsung" on Rockwell or the group Apollo?

It seems hard to believe that an individual or group with so much star power and industry inside could fizzle?
    That would not work because there is not enough material to fill an hour show on Rockwell and NO ONE has heard of or remembers the short lived , no hit group Apollo.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    That would not work because there is not enough material to fill an hour show on Rockwell and NO ONE has heard of or remembers the short lived , no hit group Apollo.
    Maybe, lump them together, as a "Dark Side of Motown" episode, spotlighting Raynoma Gordy Singleton?

I am sure a few people remembers hearin' about Apollo on their minute of the Teena Marie ep.