[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

"Nightflight" Tue Jan 15, 9P-12M ET: My Extended Versions....New and Redone!!

Howdy, Folks! I got a new slew of music for yew...errr...YOU! It's been a while since I aired my extended versions...about 5 months...enough time to create a batch of new ones and redone ones [[redone because sometimes it takes a few times before you get it right). You'll hear extended versions by the Vandellas, Supremes, Marvin and Tammi, Jackie Wilson, Stevie Wonder, the Moments, and so many more. So do join
    me tonight for all this and more...on "Nightflight"...on WOMR 92.1 FM Provincetown and WFMR 91.3 FM Orleans and we are streaming live in digital stereo at www.womr.org
    Thanks! John
    ...and a BIG PS: join me next week for a very special "Listener's Choice" show. SDF's own Joseph Monreal
    aka "sophisticated_soul...has put together part 2 of a tribute to the late, great Etta James...and amazingly without repeating any of the tracks he used for last year's "Etta" part one! I'm very excited, Joseph!!!

Sounds like a slew of super-good nights.
    This night tonight, as well as those upcoming.

"A thousand good nights. And tell all your friends--especially Midnight Johnny and Sophisticated Soul--I said 'Good night'."
    -- Mavis Arden

Thank you John, actually I'm getting a bit excited myself. I love being able to do another tribute to the great Etta James! It was a bit of a challenge to come up with an all new program but Peaches recorded 30 plus albums so I had a lot to chose from. More deep cuts this time. I hope everyone will enjoy this show as much as last years. Hard to believe she's been gone a year [[January 20th) already.

Very much looking forward to more of your magical mixes - and I love the redo's because you out do yourself! That's awesome - and tricky!

Sadly, Love Child, cannot be with us again tonight. He will be his family, his brother is not doing well. I know we all send him our love at this difficult time.

See you and the gang on the Radiola!

Did we ever get the second part of the Louvain Demps interview up?

Methuselah;
    Very clever, your "Mavis Arden" reference. For those not in on the "in joke," a 1930's stage Play, "Personal Appearance," was reworked as a film vehicle for Mae West, retitled. "Go West Young Man." "A streamlined Mae, in modern dress," the trailers proclaimed! West plays a send up of a Hollywood star stranded in a backwater when her limo breaks down, giving her lots of opportunity to try to seduce service station hunk, Randolph Scott. Pure corn, camp and fun, you can take the girl out of Brooklyn, but ya just can't take the Brooklyn out of the girl!

My hope is to get my manuscript, In Search Of Mae West," published in the near future. Meanwhile, I'll have my ear glued to my radio, but unlike Mae. I'm NOT prepared to say "goodnight" till the last note of Midnight Johnny's fabulous extended versions fades in the air.

And I will be first in line to buy a copy, Mark!

Looking forward to your show, John, and Joseph's Etta James show next week. Will sign on as soon as I get home tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBagley View Post
    Looking forward to your show, John, and Joseph's Etta James show next week. Will sign on as soon as I get home tonight.
    Hey buddy, good to see you, I've missed not seeing you around here lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah2 View Post
    Sounds like a slew of super-good nights.
    This night tonight, as well as those upcoming.

"A thousand good nights. And tell all your friends--especially Midnight Johnny and Sophisticated Soul--I said 'Good night'."
    -- Mavis Arden
    Thank you, Bruce....see you later!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sophisticated_soul View Post
    Thank you John, actually I'm getting a bit excited myself. I love being able to do another tribute to the great Etta James! It was a bit of a challenge to come up with an all new program but Peaches recorded 30 plus albums so I had a lot to chose from. More deep cuts this time. I hope everyone will enjoy this show as much as last years. Hard to believe she's been gone a year [[January 20th) already.

Very much looking forward to more of your magical mixes - and I love the redo's because you out do yourself! That's awesome - and tricky!

Sadly, Love Child, cannot be with us again tonight. He will be his family, his brother is not doing well. I know we all send him our love at this difficult time.

...and I'm looking forward to seeing you....well, you WORDS! Radiola time!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Did we ever get the second part of the Louvain Demps interview up?
    ...not yet.....soon

Quote Originally Posted by R. Mark Desjardins View Post
    Methuselah;
    Very clever, your "Mavis Arden" reference. For those not in on the "in joke," a 1930's stage Play, "Personal Appearance," was reworked as a film vehicle for Mae West, retitled. "Go West Young Man." "A streamlined Mae, in modern dress," the trailers proclaimed! West plays a send up of a Hollywood star stranded in a backwater when her limo breaks down, giving her lots of opportunity to try to seduce service station hunk, Randolph Scott. Pure corn, camp and fun, you can take the girl out of Brooklyn, but ya just can't take the Brooklyn out of the girl!

My hope is to get my manuscript, In Search Of Mae West," published in the near future. Meanwhile, I'll have my ear glued to my radio, but unlike Mae. I'm NOT prepared to say "goodnight" till the last note of Midnight Johnny's fabulous extended versions fades in the air.
    Mark....you are always too kind....see you later!

Jim....so glad you are back...I missed you too!!!! See you later!

Super MJ! Love your extended versions. Looking forward to the show tonight!!

Howard in Long Beach, CA

Hi John,
    Looking forward to the next few hours.

I feel the Randolph-Ross debate comin' on!

Howard and Steve....welcome, Gents!!!!

I feel the Randolph-Ross debate comin' on!
    No debate, smarty pants!!

Spring? The forecast here calls for snow and rain.

One Girl Too Late - always a perfect choice! Thanks John, such a lovely song.

SMARTY PANTS
    First Choice

Oops. Sorry. Wrong thread.

I'm waiting for you to offer up Joseph. With a pledge.

Oh man, I should've have included it! Great mix on Etta John! But I included Tell Mama on the first show - if only I had your remix then! Dang it all.
    Hope you all will tune in next week!

If it's Joseph or a CD, there's no question about it--it's Jo . . s . . e . . . p . . .

Hmmm. Wait a sec. What's the CD?

If it's Joseph or a CD, there's no question about it--it's Jo . . s . . e . . . p . . .

Hmmm. Wait a sec. What's the CD?
    Trust me, you'll be better off with the CD.

We're having record cold weather in San Diego city. This morning it was 35 degrees in downtown. That kind of weather is usually only found in the county mountains. Baby it's cold outside! Right now at 7:00pm it's 49 degrees, that's cold for us spoiled San Diegans! B-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r!

Greetings John and the gang!

Hope everyone is having a great night and hope I haven't missed too much!

Not a chance. I just checked the list of every CD ever made. So . . .

Final answer: Joseph!

Thanks for Ooh Ooh Child. I will never tire of this song and the longer, the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenpwood View Post

Welcome, Glen......and welcome Jim!!!!

You missed an awesome remix of Diana Ross' "This Is My Place"!

I would've been here sooner but La Scala wouldn't let me leave my table until everyone finished eating. They are quite stringent in their rules and standards, no wonder Diana and Rhonda rebelled! Hehe

Oh wait, is it too soon to go there?

Not a chance. I just checked the list of every CD ever made.
    Did that include multiple disc deluxe editions?

Oh wait, is it too soon to go there?
    Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!

You missed an awesome remix of Diana Ross' "This Is My Place"!
    Joseph, I hate that but I promised not to miss a moment of your tribute to Etta next week! The first was beyond compare! Looking forward to the hidden treasures of volume two

Thank you Joseph.

i was able to get home a little early tonight so i rushed home to turn the show on to BE NEAR YOU all Sounds like a super show going on JP ...

Joseph, I hate that but I promised not to miss a moment of your tribute to Etta next week! The first was beyond compare! Looking forward to the hidden treasures of volume two
    Thank you Glen. It was kind comments like yours last time that encouraged me to do a second show.

Quote Originally Posted by lovechild View Post
    Thank you Joseph.

i was able to get home a little early tonight so i rushed home to turn the show on to BE NEAR YOU all Sounds like a super show going on JP ...
    Tony!!!!!! Welcome...you have been very much missed!!!! Good TIMING!!

And John, please don't forget to remind everyone that the week after next, I'll be stylin', profilin', vogueing, and offering a friendly smile and comfort. OK, yes, it's at Rikers Island. But hey, I go where I'm needed.

Thank you Joseph.

Hey Tone! So glad you made it! Hail, hail, hail, the gangs all here!

Thanks John for Brenda Russell. I love everything on the album that contained Way Back When, especially this track and So Good and If Only For One Night.

Hey Tone! So glad you made it! Hail, hail, hail, the gangs all here!
    Yup the gangs all here hail to master dj JP!

Quote Originally Posted by midnight johnny View Post
    Tony!!!!!! Welcome...you have been very much missed!!!! Good TIMING!!
    Thank you John glad to be here ...

Hi John,
    When you have a chance, check your 'in' box.

Did that include multiple disc deluxe editions?
    It does. Even Universal-Motown Expandeds and Lost/Founds. But if John ever releases a CD of his remixes, well, sorry Joseph, you're history. I gotta go where those remixes take me.

And John, please don't forget to remind everyone that the week after next, I'll be stylin', profilin', vogueing, and offering a friendly smile and comfort. OK, yes, it's at Rikers Island. But hey, I go where I'm needed.
    Etta did some time at Riker's because of a check cashing scheme she and Esther Phillips pulled in New York. The checks were on Etta's account so she did the time.

Bah bah bah!

Lovechild--always meant to be!
    Hi there Tony. Jim, too.

Thanks John for Brenda Russell. I love everything on the album that contained Way Back When, especially this track and So Good and If Only For One Night.
    My pleasure, Jim!!!

Bah bah bah!
    This ain't from GYPSY, is it, John?
    That little lamb sure gets around, don't he?!