[REMOVE ADS]

Jimmy Savile pedophile controversy

As many of you know, Jimmy was a longtime DJ, and co-host of Top Of The Pops for many years, this controversy and investigation has been going on for a few months, and it has been stated that the repeats of TOTP that feature him will be suspended for an indefeinite period. Do you think this is right? And should tax dollars be spent on investigating a man who is dead? Opinions?

Jill ,he was also involved in necrophilia. Having sex with deceased people. They should investigate. There may be others that were around him that may still be involved in this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Jill ,he was also involved in necrophilia. Having sex with deceased people. They should investigate. There may be others that were around him that may still be involved in this stuff.
    Eww!!! I hadn't heard that! Now that you mention the possibility of others around him being involved, that makes sense. At first, I thought.. "Why spend all the money on an investigation?" because after all, he's dead... your'e not gonna dig him up and put his casket in a jail cell.... but that's a great point. Apparently from the documentaries, he did a whole bunch of charity work for children's mental hospitals, and did his dirtry deeds there... molesting what I assume must be mentally ill or profoundly retarded children. This has been a huge story in the UK...this I feel is the biggest scandal the music business has seen in years.
    Last edited by jillfoster; 01-01-2013 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jillfoster View Post
    Eww!!! I hadn't heard that! Now that you mention the possibility of others around him being involved, that makes sense. At first, I thought.. "Why spend all the money on an investigation?" because after all, he's dead... your'e not gonna dig him up and put his casket in a jail cell.... but that's a great point.
    On the other hand, I understood your point completely as well. I had similiar thoughts as to why they invested so much in investigating that Lanza guy that did the killing in Newtown, CT. What good would it do? I've learned that there is always more to a story that what's on the surface.

Holy crap.. I also just read that his grand niece has come forward and said that he molested her as well!

Holy crap.. I also just read that his grand niece has come forward and said that he molested her as well!
    Imagine if this were Dick Clark or some other now legendary television or radio music host? Disgusting.

Marv: David Icke has a big reputation for being totally bonkers in his view of life, and ridiculed in the UK for this. However, it is suspected that Savile MAY have been involved in necrophilia as he had access to the mortuary of one of the hospitals he worked in.
    Indeed, it is a massive story over here, with ongoing ramifications for many who worked in entertainment in the Sixties and Seventies, when social mores were somewhat different to what they are now.

I haven't had a chance to watch the first video yet. But can someone tell me if there were ever any allegations or charges against him while he was alive?

Quote Originally Posted by soulwally View Post
    Marv: David Icke has a big reputation for being totally bonkers in his view of life, and ridiculed in the UK for this. However, it is suspected that Savile MAY have been involved in necrophilia as he had access to the mortuary of one of the hospitals he worked in.
    Indeed, it is a massive story over here, with ongoing ramifications for many who worked in entertainment in the Sixties and Seventies, when social mores were somewhat different to what they are now.
    Soulwally I did not know much about Jimmy Savile living here in America, but this story is quite disturbing.

Why does the song "Cold Ethyl" by Alice Cooper come to mind?

That's one sick puppy!

As many of you know, Jimmy was a longtime DJ, and co-host of Top Of The Pops for many years, this controversy and investigation has been going on for a few months, and it has been stated that the repeats of TOTP that feature him will be suspended for an indefeinite period. Do you think this is right? And should tax dollars be spent on investigating a man who is dead? Opinions?

If it brings even one child forward to report child abuse or report a pedophile then it is worth it and tax dollars should be spent investigating this wicked disgusting deceased sick man. Who knows how many others will turn up. To take the innocence and trust of a child away is the worst kind of sin.

Roberta

I liked him IM sorry to hear this.

In hindsight, other signs are surfacing, such as this 1977 clip where he is doing his best to cop a feel of 14 year old Colleen Nolan's breasts.

She said at this taping, he asked her to come to his hotel room.
    Last edited by jillfoster; 01-03-2013 at 02:44 AM.

If he's dead and he really did molest children. He's paying for his crimes...probably roasting in HELL!

Official report out today...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20981611

For those in the US and elsewhere, you won't believe how 'famous' he was in the UK. Everybody would have heard of him, from children right up to prime ministers.
    And, you know what, having heard him as a radio DJ and TV pop show presenter for almost 40 years, I never once heard him offer an opinion on what he was playing. Don't think he was really interested. His only interest was himself.

One comment from Jimmy stuck has in my mind for some 40 odd years.

On an edition of Juke Box Jury he bragged that he was the only person who voted every track a "HIT".