[REMOVE ADS]

Happy New Year to one and all.

God grant us this year a wider view,
    So we see others' faults through the eyes of You.
    Teach us to judge not with hasty tongue,
    Neither the adult ... nor the young.

Give us patience and grace to endure
    And a stronger faith so we feel secure.
    Instead of remembering, help us forget
    The irritations that caused us to fret.

Freely forgiving for some offense
    And finding each day a rich recompense.
    In offering a friendly, helping hand
    And trying in all ways to understand;

That all of us whoever we are ...
    Are trying to reach an unreachable star.
    For the great and small ... the good and bad,
    The young and old ... the sad and glad

Are asking today; Is life worth living?
    The answer is only in, loving and giving.
    For only Love can make man kind
    And Kindness of Heart brings Peace of Mind.
    By giving love, we can start this year
    To lift the clouds of hate and fear.

May God grant each of you a Happy and healthy and prosperous New Year.

Roberta

Nice post, Roberta. All the best to you and yours for the coming new year.

Yes indeed Roberta, as Ralph says above, the words in your post are good to read.

Did you perhaps compose those verses yourself??

In return, wishing you - and all our friends here on SDF - 'Happy Days' in 2013, with something to uplift the spirits in each of them
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 12-31-2012 at 12:16 PM.

Happy New Year

edafan

Thanks Roberta, for the post. When you wake up tomorrow, please take time to thank God for another day before you thank him for another year. And for those of you who don't believe in God, let me know so that I can thank Him for you.

Happy new year, Soulful Detroit! I'm humbled to be in the company of so many that I respect and can learn from.
    Last edited by Jerry Oz; 12-31-2012 at 09:47 PM.

Roberta, that's a great post!!! I wish all of my fellow Forum members good health and happiness for 2013!!

Well said, Roberta. Love and best wishes to everyone on SD. This will be our year.

Nice post Roberta - May God grant each of us a peaceful, blessed, prosperous, faith-filled New Year!

Hello Everyone.

I just want to take a moment to wish everyone a very Happy New Year! May God bless you with the very best of everything...health, wealth, peace, love, prosperity & many, many more years of great music finds, discussions & shows to attend.

May God bless you all!

Blessings on you and yours, Juice. So nice to see you.

Quote Originally Posted by juicefree20 View Post
    Hello Everyone.

I just want to take a moment to wish everyone a very Happy New Year! May God bless you with the very best of everything...health, wealth, peace, love, prosperity & many, many more years of great music finds, discussions & shows to attend.

May God bless you all!
    Juice! What's up?

Hey there Godfather!!

I miss you guys. 2012 was a rather interesting year. I never dreamed that I would go an entire year & only cover 2 events but my mother's situation dictates all of my attention. I can't complain because it could be far worse than it is & as I've done pretty much all that I can do, 2013 dictates that I begin focusing more on what I have to do to get myself back into the swing of things & putting a little more focus on myself because I'm not getting any younger, you know

Beyond that, there's still my grandson who is in pre-school at the old age of 2 1/2. He's really something else & what can I say, I'm head over heels in love with this little boy. So even in challenging times, God is wonderful enough to send several breaths of fresh air. Needless to say, I feel extremely grateful for everything. Between Hurricane Sandy absolutely destroying or altering many lives of people who live mere miles away from me, as well as that horrific shooting in Connecticut that stole the lives of 20 relative babies, how could I possibly feel anything but grateful over what I've been dealing with, which absolutely pales in comparison to those horrors?

It's always good to see you here & it's always been good to see you here. I've just been so distracted that I just can't focus on music & the like. But I do look forward to the day when I can come back & contribute something of value to SDF.

Happy New Year to you, Jessie, Russ & the entire Terrana clan. May God's blessings remain with you all always!

Hey Marv,

Happy New Year to you & yours.

I know that your area isn't very far from area impacted by Sandy. I hope that all went well with you & yours & that you came through it all with flying colors.

As for me, I have no true reason for complaint & relatively speaking, all is well with me & mine. We had a great Christmas, which was much more meaningful to me especially after that horror in Connecticut. It really brings true perspective as to what's really important in life.

I wish for you the best that God has to offer & a very blessed New Year.

By the way, I was at Target Christmas shopping & saw a 50th Anniversary Supremes magazine with Mary Wilson on the cover. I was already finished shopping when I saw it & that line was too long to go back on to buy it.

Have you seen that magazine?

A Very Happy and Healthful New Year to all the fine folks here at SDF [[and you lurkers too)

May 2013 be everything you want it to be.

Juice,
    I'm sure you have had a plateful this past year. Post when you are able and major blessings to you for the coming year.

Quote Originally Posted by juicefree20 View Post
    Hey Marv,

Happy New Year to you & yours.

I know that your area isn't very far from area impacted by Sandy. I hope that all went well with you & yours & that you came through it all with flying colors.

As for me, I have no true reason for complaint & relatively speaking, all is well with me & mine. We had a great Christmas, which was much more meaningful to me especially after that horror in Connecticut. It really brings true perspective as to what's really important in life.

I wish for you the best that God has to offer & a very blessed New Year.

By the way, I was at Target Christmas shopping & saw a 50th Anniversary Supremes magazine with Mary Wilson on the cover. I was already finished shopping when I saw it & that line was too long to go back on to buy it.

Have you seen that magazine?
    Juice it [[the storm) was awful on Long Island. I have friends that have lost everything. I had a lot of things moved to storage units. Be we live on and things will get better.

Yes I have a couple of copies of Mary's Supremes magazine so I can say in confidence when I see her in a few weeks that I bought my share and some for family! hehehehehehehe......

Happy New Year to everyone on the board.

And to you as well, Steph.