[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Switch

Dang, that was a find and a half, Kam!...That jam just brought back more than a dozen memories for me...Most of 'em good and nasty....Ooo.....

Aw man! That was beautiful!

Seriously, when I think of Switch, I usually think "There'll Never Be", " I Call Your Name", "Love Over And Over Again", and "My Friend In The Sky". Thank you, for sharing a number even deeper than them.

I had a 192 kbps mp3 rip of their first album on CD, but recently did a superior-sounding 32-bit needle drop of it from a clean 1978 vinyl album. I had three copies of it, with the Canadian pressing being the worst.

In fact, all of my Switch albums in digital form I created from my vinyl albums, and I think sound superior over whatever else is out there. If Hip-O would ever reissue their albums domestically, I would buy those.

Switch often gets left out of the Motown history. But they were there too. I Wanna Be Closer is a classic slow jam. It's a gorgeous love ballad. Are my ears deceiving me but I think I hear Jermaine Jackson harmonizing on that track. He wrote and produced it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamasu_Jr View Post
    Switch often gets left out of the Motown history. But they were there too. I Wanna Be Closer is a classic slow jam. It's a gorgeous love ballad. Are my ears deceiving me but I think I hear Jermaine Jackson harmonizing on that track. He wrote and produced it.
    It's quite possible he's on it!

Funny you should mention that song, too, because when I did my own mastering of that album, I paid particular attention to the sonics of it when trying to get the dither right.

Quote Originally Posted by Ngroove View Post
    Aw man! That was beautiful!

Seriously, when I think of Switch, I usually think "There'll Never Be", " I Call Your Name", "Love Over And Over Again", and "My Friend In The Sky". Thank you, for sharing a number even deeper than them.
    I remember they also had a dance number in 1980 called "Best Beat in Town". "There'll Never Be" was the song that was most popular with us. I can remember walking around campus with a few buddies singing it my freshman year in college.

The group was talented but ego's and drugs destroyed it.

My favorite album is the second one "Switch II" that came out in the late summer of 1979. I bought it on cassette, though. I was a senior in high school and had it bad for this one girl, and "I Call Your Name" is forever linked to her memory in my mind.

I recall being at a friend's house and noticed his sister had the 45 of "Best Beat In Town". I thought it was horrible the way they edited it up after being used to the album version.

I eventually replaced the tape with the vinyl a few years later. This album was probably the second album I ever digitized to CD-R when I got a computer. The first one was the Emotions' "Come Into Our World". Strangely enough, that album has still never been issued on CD.