[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: The McCRARYS

The McCRARYS

The McCrary's debut album is available again on digital disc. They had a hit single "You," which featured Stevie Wonder on Harmonica. The group was from Youngstown, Ohio, where I was born and my family hails from. They moved to Los Angeles in the early 1970s, recorded gospel then switched to secular.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqkG-rU6j0M

Great family, great group.

My dad says they had their own TV show in Youngstown and they had gone as far as they could there. Howard McCrary is the father of actor Darius McCrary.

Another group I'd entirely forgotten about over the last 25 + years...thanks for posting that...

I totally forgot about this song! What a blast from the past.

The McCrarys also recorded "Any Ol' Sunday", which is one of my favorite songs from the '80s. I don't think it was released as a single, although Chaka Khan covered it and her version did make it onto the radio.

Howard McCrary who was a solo artist and not in the group was married to Chaka's sister Tammi.

Quote Originally Posted by brother_love View Post
    Howard McCrary who was a solo artist and not in the group was married to Chaka's sister Tammi.
    Being new to these forums, this is an example of why I love coming here. I never would have known something like this from another source. Thanks.

Are the McCrary sisters related to them? This was the choir song back in the day:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3clRG0MoK-0

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    Being new to these forums, this is an example of why I love coming here. I never would have known something like this from another source. Thanks.
    Jerry Oz, I feel as if I've been n music college since I joined this forum