[REMOVE ADS]

You and I by Diana Ross

Does anyone know why this fabulous track was left off of the U.S. version of the Force Behind the Power album? Also, has anyone else recorded this song? I thought another person did, but I could be wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHtPKYfEnMo

Thank you for pointing out this track. Your post made me do some sleuthing and I discovered that the Japanese version of the "Force Behind the Power" CD had two extra tracks, one being "You And I," and the other, the duet with Al. B. Sure, "No Matter What You Do." So many lost opportunities on this project, considered by many Diana Ross fans to be one of her most consistently good recordings.

Both "You and I" and "No Matter What You Do" were included an all international EMI editions of Force Behind the Power, not only Japan; only the US Motown edition is missing the two songs. Although there some good songs on it and Ross gives a good vocal performance, for me personally the album sounds overproduced and too MOR, already back in 1991 and even more now. But that is of course just my personal opinion.