[REMOVE ADS]

I Second That Emotion [[alternate version)?

I heard this on the following site and I was quite stunned as this is far superior. I never heard this version before. Anyone know where this came from? It's the first version from the bottom up. Thanks!

http://youmix.co.uk/artist/3259

The site seems to be messed up. The link takes me to The Tracks of My Tears. When I click on I Second That Emotion I get Ooh Baby Baby.

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 401
Size:  21.1 KB
    That doesn't sound like a full studio mix. So, I assume it was recorded live from a live performance. I have no idea what venue or circumstances. Perhaps for a TV show [[Special)?

I concur with robb_k.

Sounds like a re-recording to me.

Definitely not a Hitsville recording.

Cheers

Paul

It`s the soundtrack to

It`s the soundtrack to their appearance on the Mike Douglas Show 20th October 1970.

Do you mean this one?

The Miracles could sing I have never understood why the backgrounds on them were not more prominent. When Billy Griffin joined it was great to see the other guys being heard.

Yes copley, that is the one. Absolutely love it. I think robb and Roger are right. I forgot about them sometimes using another pre-recorded track for tv appearances. The instrumentals and vocals are so clear. MotownSteve, sorry you're having problems with the site. I just tried it and it was fine. They also had the instrumental track for Thelma Houston's, Don't Leave Me This Way which was awesome. There are so many I would love to hear just the instrumental tracks to. Thanks for the reponse gentlemen.

I am hardly peeping out from the bunker this holiday but took a break from my break and listened to these versions.

The version found in the youmix link above is, correct, Roger, from the Mike Douglas Show.

The version copley posted is not Smokey singing lead - that is more likely the Sydney Justin-led Miracles. A latter version of the group re-did a series of old Motown tracks that are now all over iTunes and Spotify.

Sydney was great live:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqAP3lqWbeg

And his career is a terrific source of sports-meets-Motown trivia: as a former NFL player he is the only Motown-associated artist with a Super Bowl ring, having been a part of the champion Los Angeles Rams in his rookie year.

Happy New Year!

HW
    Last edited by hwume; 12-28-2012 at 04:37 PM.

Harry, I'm in shock You mean that the clip that I posted is not Smokey singing lead? I'd have bet my life on it!

It is not. Taken from a series of re-records by the official touring edition of the group that featured Bobby, Pete and sometimes Claudette, w/Sydney Justin as mentioned singing lead. They are on Amazon CDs with generic [[typeface) covers, or on iTunes and Spotify with an early photo of the group.