[REMOVE ADS]

Maurice White has Died

Is confirmed. Loved his music

He never recorded for Motown!

Why announce it as "confirmed" when that is not the case yet? Was it announced by a family, or group member? If not then this whole thread is just wrong. Everyone is in such a race to announce the death of someone here.

Quote Originally Posted by skooldem1 View Post
    Why announce it as "confirmed" when that is not the case yet? Was it announced by a family, or group member? If not then this whole thread is just wrong. Everyone is in such a race to announce the death of someone here.
    I agree. It is bad business to do something like this here or anywhere else!

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 517
Size:  21.1 KB
    I've since read that that was only an inaccurate false rumour, and, that he is very much alive at this point.

Actually Billy Griffin announced it on Facebook as did someone involved with EWF. It was then retracted. Sorry folks, but I'm glad it isn't true. He is a major talent

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Mistakes happen and there were a few outlets that reported Maurice White death. Let's be thankful that it's not true.

That's what bugs me about this place. People state things without any news links. I don't consider Facebook posts or tweets by even the family as a valid source.

He never recorded for Motown!
    So what? He's an influential person in the history of R&B. Are people here so narrow-minded that they will dismiss someone just because they had no relation to Motown? This is why someone needs to start a forum for R&B music that isn't attached to a specific record company or location.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    So what? He's an influential person in the history of R&B. Are people here so narrow-minded that they will dismiss someone just because they had no relation to Motown? This is why someone needs to start a forum for R&B music that isn't attached to a specific record company or location.
    No, it's just called organization. There is a thread on the main forum about Maurice White. I would not attempt to discuss Frank Sinatra here either or what would be the purpose of even having a forum called "Motown Forum". I am not trying to be rude or disagreeable for the hell of it Soulster.

No, it's just called organization. There is a thread on the main forum about Maurice White. I would not attempt to discuss Frank Sinatra here either or what would be the purpose of even having a forum called "Motown Forum". I am not trying to be rude or disagreeable for the hell of it Soulster.
    I know you're not being rude.

But, here's the thing: when I come on here, I immediately go to the new posts, and I do not pay any attention to what thread is on what forum. To me, it's all one big forum. I realize that most people here tend to go to a specific section. I don't. I formed my way of reading this site by how I read other forums: I just click on "New Posts".

It's just another way that I am different from the rest of you guys and gals.

Am happy to hear that Maurice has not passed.

If I'm not mistaken, Maurice is the brother of Verdine White, who is married to Shelly Clark, who was once considered a replacement member in the Supremes.

Is that a good enough Motown connection?

But the better question is: would Shelly have been a replacement or a temporary replacement?

[QUOTE=marybrewster;136875]Am happy to hear that Maurice has not passed.

If I'm not mistaken, Maurice is the brother of Verdine White, who is married to Shelly Clark, who was once considered a replacement member in the Supremes.

Is that a good enough Motown connection?

QUOTE]

He didn't record for Motown.

Quote Originally Posted by skooldem1 View Post
    I agree. This turned out not to be true. And I gotta agree, Maurice White was not affiliated with Motown.

He didn't record for Motown.
    So what! Who cares!

Seriously, I know it's a predominantly Motown forum, but that shouldn't mean that we can't discuss non-Motown things.

But, as I said before, and I know I am not alone: I do not go to various sections of this forum. I just click on "New Posts", so I have no idea [[or really care) where the thread is. I do the same thing on every other music forum I go to that has a new post option.
    Last edited by soulster; 12-22-2012 at 09:35 PM. Reason: wanted to soften the tone of overall post