[REMOVE ADS]

The proud mothers of the Original Supremes.

Very rare photo that I have never seen before, is it me or does Diana look just like Ernestine??? great photo.

The proud mothers of The Supremes : Ernestine Ross, Lurlee Ballard, and Johnnie Mae Wilson! I think Diana looks so much like her late mom.

Who are are they???

We have that photo in our archives. It's rare. I wonder who posted it on the net? There is another shot of the Supremes posing with their mothers.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 12-15-2012 at 12:48 PM.

revvy Guest
    Didn't Diana mention on the Farewell LP that the "mothers" were in attendance that final night at the Frontier Hotel? Diana's, Mary's and Cindy's mother were all there, I believe. I would love to see more pics of the final concert. There don't seem to be too many floating around. I wonder why? Makes you go, "Hmmmm........"

Aww... Diana definitely looks like her mama... Flo and Mary look like their mothers as well.

It's a tradition in many families for the father to tell their sons....Before you marry any girl, look at her mother first!! lol

That is a copyrighted Detroit Free Press photo

The photo of the mothers of the Supremes was taken by a Detroit Free Press photographer and appeared in their first magazine story on the Supremes on January 24, 1965. It is on page 144 of my book, Hype & Soul: Behind the Scenes at Motown. The first page of that article is on page 146.
    The photo is copyrighted by the Free Press and I was given permission to reprint it.
    Please respect the copyrights on material such as this photograph.
    Thanks,
    Al Abrams

Quote Originally Posted by stalebagel View Post
    The photo of the mothers of the Supremes was taken by a Detroit Free Press photographer and appeared in their first magazine story on the Supremes on January 24, 1965. It is on page 144 of my book, Hype & Soul: Behind the Scenes at Motown. The first page of that article is on page 146.
    The photo is copyrighted by the Free Press and I was given permission to reprint it.
    Thanks,
    Al Abrams
    You are right Al.

Thanks Al
    Good pic of them, in fact it is the first time I have seen the three together in one photo. Now I need to get my hands on your book.

Quote Originally Posted by stalebagel View Post
    Thanks,
    Al Abrams

Oh there is a lot more rare and interesting material in Al Abrams book than just this picture! It is one of a kind and extremely well done.

You are right Marv its a great book!