[REMOVE ADS]

Ravi Shankar passes

First thing to pop up on the computer this morning [[it's 4:30am here) was a note from psychedelicized.com that Indian sitar virtuoso Ravi Shankar passed away yesterday at the age of 92 in San Diego. He had been suffering from heart and respiratory problems.

"The Godfather of World Music" is what George Harrison called him. He was right.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/p...-dies/1762831/

Quote Originally Posted by Doug-Morgan View Post
    First thing to pop up on the computer this morning [[it's 4:30am here) was a note from psychedelicized.com that Indian sitar virtuoso Ravi Shankar passed away yesterday at the age of 92 in San Diego. He had been suffering from heart and respiratory problems.

"The Godfather of World Music" is what George Harrison called him. He was right.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/p...-dies/1762831/
    I will pray for his soul and his family this morning. Ravi Shanker is a music great who will be missed.

Thank you for the music sir.

May you be with God.

Roberta

R.I.P..

He added a lot to The Beatles' sound.

I had no idea Norah Jones is her father.

He was an innovator...due to his work with George Harrison and the Beatles, a lot of other folks went ahead and added the sitar to their music. Of course, his own albums have something to offer if you're musically adventurous. RIP, Mr. Shankar, and thank you...

Best,

Mark

smark21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    R.I.P..

He added a lot to The Beatles' sound.

I had no idea Norah Jones is her father.
    I’m sure Norah Jones is heartbroken over the passing of his daughter Ravi Shankhar. But Mr. Jones sure looks good for someone who’s well over 100 years of age.