[REMOVE ADS]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by rod_rick View Post
    Thanks for asking my question regarding Louvain relationship with Claudette.
    Glad you were able to get to listen, Rod!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryon6 View Post
    Baby I'm for Real or God Bless Whoever Sent You - songs by the Originals
    Thanks Ryon...I had a momentary mind melt!

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    Tommy Good Baby I Miss You. She's A Living Doll...
    John...I know....I was going to sneak in "I Gotta Get Away"...so gorgeous....but I wanted to give him more time next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah2 View Post
    Oh, what a night!
    Louvain was just charming.
    And the conversation with her was charmed.
    I was completely enthralled.
    Thank you so much, John.
    I can't wait for next week's concluding part.
    And thanks so much for getting to my questions.
    Thank you Bruce....and thanks for your questions!

Quote Originally Posted by lovechild View Post
    Thank you John for a great show. can hardly wait for next Tuesday. Have a great week
    Thanks so much Tony...and you have a great week too!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MotownSteve View Post
    Thanks for a great show.
    Thanks for coming Steve!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rod_rick View Post
    John, that was a great remix of Up The Ladder To The Roof. Is It on youtube?
    Thanks Rod!! I won't be putting the remix on youtube...but glad you liked it!

Quote Originally Posted by R. Mark Desjardins View Post
    John;
    An absolutely riveting radio program with your guest this evening, Louvain Demps. The Andantes were surely one of the best kept secret musical weapons at Motown during it's hit making heyday. They had the voices that any other record company would have gladly had on their roster, if Berry Gordy hadn't kept us all in the dark for so long. I really hope that their talent can be officially recognized in the near future. Thank you for your foresight to make this interview happen and I look forward to hearing even more "secrets from the snakepit."
    Mark....thanks so much....so glad you could be part of it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ivyfield View Post
    I hope I can say for all of us 'Nightflighters' that last night's show was EXCEPTIONAL! How great that Louvain stayed for over 2 hours. Boy, I'd LOVE to take her to breakfast/lunch/dinner tho one day wouldn't be enough for me. I've got so many questions. She sounds like a really nice lady - completely 'Diva-free' and yet SHE sang on more tracks than any other individual Motown star. She deserves credit for that. Long overdue. I'm really looking forward to next Tuesday's show. RIGHT ON! Steve.
    Steve...thanks so much!!! Glad you were able to stay to the bitter end.....come back next week!!

Folks....thanks so much for your enthusiasm, your questions and your interest!!! I wanted to follow up this morning on some of your thoughts...it was hard to do last night. Sorry I couldn't get to everything that you pitched to me, but I will do better next week! Last night was a special show for me...and I appreciate that it was important to you all too.
    I hope I was able to address topics of interest with Louvain that answered some of the questions you had.
    Thanks for your participation....I couldn't do it without you....
    And to Louvain....thank you...

Could someone give us a few of the highlights of the conversation.

Due to the season and the timing, I didn't get to listen.

If there is a podcast like there has occasionally been in the past, please post.

I caught the part about "Stop in the name of Love". She was reluctant to speak about being on that song because people get upset, and their feelings get hurt. It's kind of sad that she cant totally discuss things like that. She said some people can't take the truth. But if you read between the lines of what she said, yes she was on "Stop in the name of love".

Quote Originally Posted by skooldem1 View Post
    I caught the part about "Stop in the name of Love". She was reluctant to speak about being on that song because people get upset, and their feelings get hurt. It's kind of sad that she cant totally discuss things like that. She said some people can't take the truth. But if you read between the lines of what she said, yes she was on "Stop in the name of love".
    I'll try to clarify that issue further. Louvain WAS hesitant about the issue of who is singing what where because of how people do get upset [[and we certainly know that to be true from many of the threads on SDF)...but she was open about the Andantes singing on the backing track of "Stop!....", "You Can't Hurry Love" and "Love Is Here...",
    as well as "Reflections". I thought she was open about it, and you didn't need to read between lines.
    But Rob...we're going to move a little faster to get this podcast up sooner [[a week or so, I hope), and Louvain will be on "Nightflight" next week too.

Quote Originally Posted by skooldem1 View Post
    I'll try to clarify that issue further. Louvain WAS hesitant about the issue of who is singing what where because of how people do get upset [[and we certainly know that to be true from many of the threads on SDF)...but she was open about the Andantes singing on the backing track of "Stop!....", "You Can't Hurry Love" and "Love Is Here...",
    as well as "Reflections". I thought she was open about it, and you didn't need to read between any lines.
    But Rob...we're going to move a little faster to get this podcast up sooner [[a week or so, I hope) so you will be able to make your own determination [[like a good lawyer would) , and Louvain will be on "Nightflight" next week too.

I think she handled the issue with the Supremes recordings well. It's obvious that a majority of the time, they were unaware of what the producers were mixing the vocal tracks. but in the end, it was Mary and Flo getting paid. But who would of guessed that when Diana adressed "Chico" on the Children's Christmas song, she was referring to Chico Edwards.

Thanks guys for the update.

REALLY pleased to hear about the podcast potential.

For Motown fans, these details are just the icing on the cake ~ to know the intricacies of what happened. The public doesn't really care.

And it takes nothing away from Mary, Flo and Cindy. They were out there with Diana doing all the hits. And as we've heard Diana say "every time they honor me, they honor the whole Motown Family".
    Last edited by jobeterob; 12-12-2012 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Fear of infecting thread.

I can't seem to get this past Tuesday's show out of my mind. Hearing Louvain and you in such an open, honest conversation--you, such an informed and ardent admirer--was a feast to savor and digest. Listening to Louvain speak was a real joy--her speaking voice is just as musical as her singing. I heard music from beginning to end. But it was also her remarkable temperament and viewpoint and history that came through the entire show. And combined with yours, John, it was a love match. And the audience won.

Motown, the company, was awash in creativity and talent. And that of The Andantes was always in the mix. As it's often been said, working there was fun. It was exciting. It was new and developing. But Louvain's balance in speaking about it reminded me it was also work, long hard work--a business, just like any business--where decisions are made for business purposes first and foremost. She was in a unique position and she cultivated a perspective that I found just as special. It was an enthralling and enlightening NIGHTFLIGHT. And for me, the evening's real revelation was . . . Louvain herself.

And she's being held over for a second week!
    That's so 'andante'.

Oh, NIGHTFLIGHT. You always make the best decisions.
    Last edited by Methuselah2; 12-13-2012 at 08:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Thanks guys for the update.

REALLY pleased to hear about the podcast potential.

For Motown fans, these details are just the icing on the cake ~ to know the intricacies of what happened. The public doesn't really care.

And it takes nothing away from Mary, Flo and Cindy. They were out there with Diana doing all the hits. And as we've heard Diana say "every time they honor me, they honor the whole Motown Family".
    and doing most of the singing in the studio in front of the A's [[The Supremes) Mary Flo, are represented on every single vocally except You Can't Hurry Love,[[ through Reflections) where it is stated that Flo was replaced by Marlene, and where it was assumed Marlene replaced Flo on Mwiewu it is now discovered that it was indeed Mary and Flo.
    Up the ladder to the Roof, clearly is Mary and Cindy with Jean it is possible the A's added some sweetening behind them. I hope we can get a chance to hear the podcast so we can judge for ourselves what was said. I heard a tape from 2008 on Inside the Actors Studio where Diana said [[Mary and Flo was responsible for the harmonies)
    Last edited by franjoy56; 12-13-2012 at 11:57 PM. Reason: error

Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah2 View Post
    I can't seem to get this past Tuesday's show out of my mind. Hearing Louvain and you in such an open, honest conversation--you, such an informed and ardent admirer--was a feast to savor and digest. Listening to Louvain speak was a real joy--her speaking voice is just as musical as her singing. I heard music from beginning to end. But it was also her remarkable temperament and viewpoint and history that came through the entire show. And combined with yours, John, it was a love match. And the audience won.

Motown, the company, was awash in creativity and talent. And that of The Andantes was always in the mix. As it's often been said, working there was fun. It was exciting. It was new and developing. But Louvain's balance in speaking about it reminded me it was also work, long hard work--a business, just like any business--where decisions are made for business purposes first and foremost. She was in a unique position and she cultivated a perspective that I found just as special. It was an enthralling and enlightening NIGHTFLIGHT. And for me, the evening's real revelation was . . . Louvain herself.

And she's being held over for a second week!
    That's so 'andante'.

Oh, NIGHTFLIGHT. You always make the best decisions.
    Bruce...thank you...I appreciate it....

John,
    Are you still going to post the interview with Louvain Demps as a podcast? I understand that there is a lot of editing work to do to remove the musical segments to make it a "spoken word podcast." This was a milestone radio program!

Quote Originally Posted by R. Mark Desjardins View Post
    John,
    Are you still going to post the interview with Louvain Demps as a podcast? I understand that there is a lot of editing work to do to remove the musical segments to make it a "spoken word podcast." This was a milestone radio program!
    Mark....yes.....the Louvain show Part 1 should be going up soon...I'd say within a week [[I hope).
    And Louvain will be back tomorrow [[12/18) for part 2....I'll put up a new promo in the morning!
    Thanks! So glad you enjoyed the show!
    John