[REMOVE ADS]

smark21 Guest

Diana Ross braves broken ankle to sing for President Obama

Beautiful photo, Diana looked SIMPLY DIVINE

WOW I must say she does look amazing !!!

Good for her. She looks stunning, broken ankle or not. She always gives 110% and never lets her fans down.

This title cracks me up. Diana is SO brave! LOL.

revvy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster View Post
    Good for her. She looks stunning, broken ankle or not. She always gives 110% and never lets her fans down.
    Hold on a second. Never lets her fans down? She sure let me down in 2000 going out on tour with pseudo-Supremes!

Quote Originally Posted by revvy View Post
    Hold on a second. Never lets her fans down? She sure let me down in 2000 going out on tour with pseudo-Supremes!
    Pseudo Supremes? Are you serious?

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    Pseudo Supremes? Are you serious?
    Ignore her marybrewster. She's the classless one who refer to Miss Scherrie Payne and Miss Lynda Lawrence as scabs. Revy needs our prayers.

Roberta

NY Daily News called them the Sub-premes. Did Diana do Gangnam Style? [[on one ankle that is-mosat of it is in the arms I think)

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    NY Daily News called them the Sub-premes. Did Diana do Gangnam Style? [[on one ankle that is-mosat of it is in the arms I think)
    The New York Daily News called them "Sub-premes" in their headline. The used a picture of Mary, Diane and Cindy in the article. I remember everyone looking at it in my office at the time.

That is true. It was a disgusting display of total disregard of the fans that made them famous.

Here is the video of Diana singing, courtesy of dplain.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifest...22d_video.html

revvy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Ignore her marybrewster. She's the classless one who refer to Miss Scherrie Payne and Miss Lynda Lawrence as scabs. Revy needs our prayers.

Roberta
    ...and this is coming from someone who responded to one of my posts stating she even takes her spirituality to the bathroom?

1) How do you know revvy is female?
    2) No, I don't need or want your prayers.
    3) I'm not attacking Lynda and Scherrie as people or entertainers, but I am attacking their participation in that sham of a concert
    4) Don't forget to wipe!

...and this is coming from someone who responded to one of my posts stating she even takes her spirituality to the bathroom?

1) How do you know revvy is female?
    2) No, I don't need or want your prayers.
    3) I'm not attacking Lynda and Scherrie as people or entertainers, but I am attacking their participation in that sham of a concert
    4) Don't forget to wipe!
    I know the tongue of a vicious woman my dear. You are in my prayers but you need to ask God to wipe your sins away. You called Lynda and Scherrie scabs and if that ain't an attack I dont know what is. Shame on you ma'am.

"For the sins of their mouths and for the words of their lips, let them be caught in their pride. For the curses and lies they utter will be punished by God."

Roberta

revvy Guest
    Wow! She looks GREAT! I still can't believe she's 68!

I agree. She also sounded really good.

She was singing in her higher register and her voice was clear as a bell. She also sang the arrangement that was used on "Making Spirits Bright" by Hallmark. That was a wonderful CD. When discussing her Christmas music most always talk about the CD "A very Special Season" which was great, but the "Making Spirits Bright" CD is exceptional. I like the jazzy arrangements that were used.

I loved It's Christmastime from that CD. Is she the only person who recorded it?

revvy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    I know the tongue of a vicious woman my dear. You are in my prayers but you need to ask God to wipe your sins away. You called Lynda and Scherrie scabs and if that ain't an attack I dont know what is. Shame on you ma'am.

"For the sins of their mouths and for the words of their lips, let them be caught in their pride. For the curses and lies they utter will be punished by God."

Roberta
    Dear, sweet Roberta:

1) God doesn't punish
    2) I'm a man
    3) I'm a gay man...that should give you another 15 minutes on the psychiatrist's couch
    4) You can't tell me that you wouldn't have preferred to see Mary and Cindy at the top of that staircase in the RTL show.

Yours with every good wish

Dear, sweet Roberta:

1) God doesn't punish
    2) I'm a man
    3) I'm a gay man...that should give you another 15 minutes on the psychiatrist's couch
    4) You can't tell me that you wouldn't have preferred to see Mary and Cindy at the top of that staircase in the RTL show.

Yours with every good wish
    I have many friends who are gay men and lesbian ladies revvy so your sexual orientation don't bother me my dear. Your calling Miss Lynda Lawrence and miss Scherrie Payne scabs is classless and not very gentlemanly. As for Return to Love it would have been real nice to see Diane Ross and Mary Wilson and Cindy Birdsong reunite but it didn't happen and i moved on with my life. You seem to be obsessed with RTL 12 years later which isn't healthy or normal IMO.

Isn't there a a nice man you could meet at a book club or a gym or your church mosque or synagogue? You should be enjoying life dear and shouldnt be living in the past and working yourself up over a tour from 12 years ago. Diane Mary and Cindy have all let it go so shouldnt you?

Have a blessed and beautiful holiday season.

Fondly,

Roberta

I do agree all that crap has been let go by all but a few fans.

But I have to say that it is no wonder some tour promoters pushed Miss Diana Ross to put any old somebody behind her ~ because as time goes on, we hear that song after song after song featured the Andantes behind Diane............now we are on to Love Is Here And Now Your Gone, Reflections, You Can't Hurry Love following Love Child, Someday We'll Be Together, Stop in the Name of Love...............all the Great Hits and most of the big ones.

How can you blame a promoter that had no clue who the women were anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    I do agree all that crap has been let go by all but a few fans.

But I have to say that it is no wonder some tour promoters pushed Miss Diana Ross to put any old somebody behind her ~ because as time goes on, we hear that song after song after song featured the Andantes behind Diane............now we are on to Love Is Here And Now Your Gone, Reflections, You Can't Hurry Love following Love Child, Someday We'll Be Together, Stop in the Name of Love...............all the Great Hits and most of the big ones.

How can you blame a promoter that had no clue who the women were anyway?
    I would blame......no strike that! I would consider anyone STUPID that would invest millions into anything and not know who or what the key, important components or ingredients are!

jobeterob Mary and Flo are on "Love Is Here", the Andantes are on the song too but they only do the harmonies on the part where Mary and Flo sing "Look what you've done". I'll admit "You Can't Hurry Love" and "Reflections" are questionable. The latter actually sounds like Mary doing both parts as if she recorded a vocal twice. At the same time though the song is said to be recorded in May of '67 when Flo came back into the group so I don't see why she wouldn't have been on the song.

Quote Originally Posted by floyjoy678 View Post
    jobeterob Mary and Flo are on "Love Is Here", the Andantes are on the song too but they only do the harmonies on the part where Mary and Flo sing "Look what you've done". I'll admit "You Can't Hurry Love" and "Reflections" are questionable. The latter actually sounds like Mary doing both parts as if she recorded a vocal twice. At the same time though the song is said to be recorded in May of '67 when Flo came back into the group so I don't see why she wouldn't have been on the song.
    After listening to the interview with Louvain from the Andantes I've come to the conclusion that the Supremes are still on the songs that are in question. She mention overdubs which could mean if there was a part in the song that need augmented they were there in the studio to take care of it. You must admit that the sound of the Supremes and the Andantes was very much alike accept for the fact it seemed that there 3 Andantes singing in the back compared to 2 Supremes. Another thing that struck me was Louvain didn't remember a lot of things or failed to give an answer to a lot of questions. One thing I find questionable is on the Christmas Time she said that the Andantes and the Spinners sang like children. The begining of the song sound like Mary and Flo in the background imo. I still enjoy the music and the live performances either way.

Now back to Diana, her look and sound was great. Good job Ms Ross

Diana excels at singing Christmas music. Does anyone know the story behind Hallmarks "Making Spirits Bright? I came across this CD by chance when it came out. I didn't know it was recorded or even coming out at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by skooldem1 View Post
    Diana excels at singing Christmas music. Does anyone know the story behind Hallmarks "Making Spirits Bright? I came across this CD by chance when it came out. I didn't know it was recorded or even coming out at that time.
    I think I found out about it through her REACH OUT fan club. But I've never heard anything else, other than it was a Hallmark exclusive, and that it wasn't done by the same producer who did her Xmas album.

I also remember that other artists did these for Hallmark as well, like Natalie Cole. Natalie's Hallmark exclusive ended up being released as another Xmas album for her a year or two later.
    Last edited by reese; 12-14-2012 at 10:39 AM.

Celebrity style: Diana Ross performs at TNT’s ‘Christmas in Washington’ concert

[COLOR=#999 !important]11:51 AM EST 12/10/2012 by Tami Reed[/COLOR]

Wow check out singing legend Diana Ross! Always a fashion forward leading lady, she looked fabulous at the annual Christmas in Washington Special which will air Dec. 21 on TNT. The holiday special was attended by President Obama and first lady Michelle.

Ross defines diva and she proved it in this knock out custom-designed tulle gown. Doesn’t she look great? Check out more photos below!

rollingout.com/.../celebrity-style-diana-ross-at-obama-family-t...

Worldwide megastar Diana Ross recently performed at the White House's annual Christmas in Washington concert. The concert was attended by the nation's first family, President Barack Obama and his family.

The charity concert is a White House tradition and has been held for the past thirty-one years. It was hosted this year by night time talk show host Conan O'Brien.

The iconic singing sensation sang songs on her own and a duet with Megan Hilty. She also sang carols with the President and his daughters Malia and Sasha.

Miss Ross had recently broken her ankle at a performance for supermodel Naomi Campbell's fiance. Her leg cast was perfectly hidden under her two dazzling gowns that night.

She first donned a black and white ballroom style tulle gown that spread wide over the concert stage. She then changed into a sparkling blue sequined number.

.Diana Ross shines at Christmas in Washington event at the White House.
    Photo credit: Getty Images ..The night was a special one and will be remembered by all in attendance. The President expressed his joy at the opportunity to give back at Christmas and all year long.

This year's event will support the Children’s National Medical Center. The concert will also air on television on the TNT network on December 21, 2012.

So glad to see that this thread turned itself around!
    I'm looking forward to some cheer!

Here is an interesting online post; it appears to be an advertisement for what they did for Diana Ross:

Nine Entertainment
    About NineServicesCase StudiesNews + Events CreditsExecutive BioContactExclusive Roster Christmas in Washington
    12/9/12 – Washington, D.C.
    Posted by Nine on Friday, December 14, 2012 · Leave a Comment

DIANA ROSS, CONAN O’BRIEN, DEMI LOVATO, PSYand others perform for THE OBAMA FAMILY at “Christmas in Washington” in D.C.

When a Music Legend and Icon required additional Production Support and Onsite Management in conjunction with a prestigious Live Television Taping, her team called NINE ENTERTAINMENT to advance and execute all weekend logistic elements.

Our responsibilities included: [[a) meet & greet coordination between The Obama Family, Secret Service, Artist and Event Producer; [[b) scheduling; [[c) rehearsal content and execution; [[d) travel management for Artist, Family and Crew; [[e) Artist security detail; [[f) ground transportation; [[g) flights; [[h) hotel liason with Four Seasons; [[i) hospitality; [[j) wardrobe – and all behind-the-scenes facets required to produce a STUNNING and MAGNIFICENT performance.

Celebrating its 31st anniversary this year, Christmas in Washington is a holiday tradition benefiting the Children’s National Medical Center.

A beautiful voice that has gotten much better over the years. She sounded and looked fabulous !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dba View Post
    So glad to see that this thread turned itself around!
    I'm looking forward to some cheer!
    I agree dba. There is no need for any nasty mean comments about Diane Ross or Mary Wilson or Miss Martha Reeves or any of our Motown legends. If you don't like the artist then dont post in the thread.

There are only a few culprits in this forum who persist in making real mean comments and they seem to take pleasure in ruining threads. As I said earlier if you dont like the singer then avoid the thread. Dont spoil it for everyone else.

Yours, with every good wish.

Roberta

supremester Guest
    Hey Reese! I ran REACH OUT - glad you still remember. We are coming back next year - online - our first interview is with Harvey Fuqua.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    I think I found out about it through her REACH OUT fan club. But I've never heard anything else, other than it was a Hallmark exclusive, and that it wasn't done by the same producer who did her Xmas album.

I also remember that other artists did these for Hallmark as well, like Natalie Cole. Natalie's Hallmark exclusive ended up being released as another Xmas album for her a year or two later.

Quote Originally Posted by supremester View Post
    Hey Reese! I ran REACH OUT - glad you still remember. We are coming back next year - online - our first interview is with Harvey Fuqua.
    Hey Gregg! I'm looking forward to it. I still have all of my REACH OUT newsletters. :-)