[REMOVE ADS]

Marvin Gaye/Mizell Brothers - Woman of the world

Not sure if anyone has brought this track up on here but i figured i post it anyways. ..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntRS3pow300 .
    Good to see Marvin did more than 1 track with the Mizell brothers and hopefully some day soon we get to see the other two . apparently there are 3 songs, one of course "where are we going".

I think those tracks were part of the "You're the Man" project where Marvin was working with lots of other writers who had helped Marvin with songs that he couldn't easily come up with but he produced and co-arranged them. That was a great track too [["Woman of the World").

How many Donald Byrd tracks did the Mizell's cut on Marvin first? WHOOOO!

Now that I have my Trouble Man Expanded... time to start dreaming of the next release. This would be VERY nice. I'm also hoping some day to hear demos of Sanctified "Lady" [[ahem) Masochistic Beauty & Savage in the Sack & the other originals from Dream of a Lifetime. This makes me wonder what else could be out there. Hope is alive!

^ "Savage in the Sack" sounds like it was recorded back in 1978 or 1979... "Sanctified...er, yeah" lol and "Masochistic Beauty" were obviously 1983 outtakes. It was interesting to hear Marvin do a rap on "Masochistic". He actually predated Rockwell with that when some would think it was the other way around. I think his last year of recording was in 1983.