[REMOVE ADS]

The FLOs "I Wish You Love" 2 LP set

Can anyone give a track listing for this set?

http://www.popsike.com/THE-FLOS-WISH...548159377.html

And.....any thoughts on the cover?

Sorry that I don't have any info on the track list.

But I recall reading that the track YOU TOOK ADVANTAGE that is supposedly Flo and the Marvelettes is actually the Vels' recording of YOU'LL NEVER CHERISH A LOVE SO TRUE, which begins with the lyric "You took advantage...".

I also vaguely recall reading that the tracks mentioned as Cindy leads are actually demos that she made when she was preparing to go solo.

http://www.discogs.com/Flos-Wish-U-Love/release/2437739

The Flo tracks are from her A & M album, which was unreleased at the time. This came out in 2000, Flo's album was released in UK 2001. Yes Flo is not on that track with the Marvellettes. Mary Scherrie & Susaye tracks are from the Farewell concert at the Drury Lane Theatre in 77. The Lynda title track is taken from her bootleg Jazz set at the Courthouse in 86, "Slowdance" is an unreleased solo cut from the Scherrie & Susaye album. Cindy's tracks are demos she did just before "Dancing Room" [[around her short lived tenure with the FLOS) and the last is a live inspirational track taken from PTL or one of those Christian cable shows. It's a great little collection, worth having, and nice cover too. I thought it was released through the FLOS fan club but apparently it wasn't.

smark21 Guest
    Given the misspellings and inaccuracies in the description of the auction item, this seems like a glorified homemade mix tape. Buyer beware!

Flo was on ABC.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    Can anyone give a track listing for this set?

http://www.popsike.com/THE-FLOS-WISH...548159377.html

And.....any thoughts on the cover?
    This is a bootleg. 'I Wish You Love' is a song Lynda recorded live with the band Night Court in the early 80's. I'll be VERY interested to know where the tracks came from... Steve Weaver.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Flo was on ABC.
    Yes of course, I was getting mixed up with Jean

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    Given the misspellings and inaccuracies in the description of the auction item, this seems like a glorified homemade mix tape. Buyer beware!
    Apart from the Flo & Marvelettes it's actually really well done, the sound is very good and the only place you can get many of the tracks.

alanbill1074 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by markdtiller View Post
    Apart from the Flo & Marvelettes it's actually really well done, the sound is very good and the only place you can get many of the tracks.
    I have this on LP and I have never played it. Can't even remember where I got it but I was mainly interested in it for the Cindy Birdsong tracks.