[REMOVE ADS]

Smokey, Aaron, George and more on PBS

Hi everyone:

Just wanted to share we have a new national special [[more of a documentary style format) called "Doo Wop Discoveries", the show will premiere Saturday, November 24th at 7pm on PBS [[check local listings).

This show is very special as we've asked R&B legends and different dj's around the country about their influences from the days of classic R&B vocal groups. Aaron Neville, George Clinton, and Smokey Robinson are all in the show.

I need to share here, spending some time with Smokey was [[unlike any other experience) I've ever had in life - it was magical. After doing so many shows in so many genres of the years - - I have never had an emotional experience like that of meeting Mr. Robinson. He was and is everything I'd always imagined he'd be - and so deep on so many levels from his early childhood memories, to poetry, and spirituality, and also how groups including Harvey & The Moonglows, Nolan Strong and The Diablos, The Flamingos and so many more made for the music of his time in The Five Chimes. He has some great stories on the show about Harvey & The Moonglows harmonies and those early days of vocal groups.

There would have been no Doo wop 50, [[or any of the other shows I've made) if not for my love and admiration of The Miracles - they were and will always remain my inspiration for making all the tv shows that have followed in the past 20 years through PBS.

"After all" the shows, all the genres, and all the efforts to preserve the music of the 40s, 50s, 60s and 70s - - this generous time he shared with me for the project was beyond inspirational, beyond miraculous - - and I'm so grateful to all of you that have supported this vision over the years to have made this meeting possible.

Doo Wop Discoveries and Motown: Big Hits & More premiere November 24th at 7pm and 9pm on PBS in America.
    Last edited by tjl; 11-11-2012 at 03:11 AM.