[REMOVE ADS]

Now That Tammi's been feature on Unsung....

... Who's story are you wanting to see told now? Some acts that come to mind include Harold Melvin & The Bluenotes. Sure they just did a story about Teddy P., But i'd also like to hear about Sharon Paige and David Ebo as well.

Confunkshun should also be featured, Especailly with the tragic murder of their drummer.

The Sylvers, Deniece Williams and The Ohio players would be interesting as well.

I agree with Harold Melvin, although he had his demons, I personally liked him as an entertainer and a vocalist. Confunkshun, Dazz Band, Walter Jackson, Major Lance, Gene Chandler, Shorty Long, Jimmy Ruffin, Sylvia, Whatnauts, Enchantment,and so many others........I have only recently started watching this show and so far I've been impressed, Tammi's show was pretty good.

pshark Guest
    I'd vote for Ohio Players.
    Johnny Guitar Watson
    Average White Band
    Cameo
    Dennis Coffy
    Wah Wah Watson
    Mothers Finest
    Heat Wave
    Otis Redding
    Rufus Thomas

I have had a few conversations about just really "WHO" is "unsung". I find we have many different visions of such-for instance I don't really think Teddy Or Teena Marie were "unsung" but I felt that Minnie and Tammie were indeed ..but another freind said they just died to young, he didn't feel they were "unsung". Oh well....

....but for the record I add Angela Bofill, Jean Carne and Betty Wright to the list of singers I would consider for the series.

Bill

I feel that the program's focuses on the acts that didn't really have that staying power in terms of crossover sucess. Teddy Pendergrass though he had 5 platnium albums, was up agaainst Marvin, Barry White, Al Green and The Isley Brothers. By the time of his accident, Luther Vandross had his first album released. Plus, he died around the same time the earthquake occured in Haiti.

Heatwave is gonna be on this monday. After Tammi, their story was the one i've been looking forward to the most.

Other artist that should be profiled are Paul Williams and/or David Ruffin and Gap Band. And Since I was a kid in the 90s, Envouge and Mint condition can use a story as well

Livingallalone ,said; "just really "WHO" is "unsung". That's an excellent question. That made me wonder ,just "WHAT" is meant by "UNSUNG"? There are many musicians and groups that have made historic impact on the Soul/R&b/ genre over the years. Some have passed away in the prime of their time to shine. Others have made such an impression that they have become the state of the art ,and as such ,cannot out do themselves. Still there a some that never got their just due in the public eye. So what is it that makes an act ,UNSUNG?

billy stewart
    linda jones
    the moments

Well, in all fairness, doesn't the show define it's purpose in the opening of each episode?
    I think that their focus seems to be any act that MTV or VH-1 won't touch. So clearly, everyone that they've done so far, at least by that standard, is clearly "Unsung".

Quote Originally Posted by timmyfunk View Post
    Well, in all fairness, doesn't the show define it's purpose in the opening of each episode?
    I think that their focus seems to be any act that MTV or VH-1 won't touch. So clearly, everyone that they've done so far, at least by that standard, is clearly "Unsung".
    Well, I guess but Teena Marie just headlined the Fox with top tickets $100, that's not "Unsung" to me..PER SAY.....Does Teena share the same aura with say Madonna..No..but then HOW many do?
    Teddy had 5 Platnium and 2 more gold records...Unsung? hmmmm...well....

But I guess They all have Stories and like Vh1's the "Behind the Music" many acts not considered for Vh1 are being told..so I guess live with the Title of "Unsung" just some choices are more clearly "Unsung"

Bill

Ronnie Dyson
    Friends of Distinction
    The Jones Girls
    Joe Tex
    Starpoint

Quote Originally Posted by Livingallalone View Post
    Well, I guess but Teena Marie just headlined the Fox with top tickets $100, that's not "Unsung" to me..PER SAY.....Does Teena share the same aura with say Madonna..No..but then HOW many do?
    Teddy had 5 Platnium and 2 more gold records...Unsung? hmmmm...well....

But I guess They all have Stories and like Vh1's the "Behind the Music" many acts not considered for Vh1 are being told..so I guess live with the Title of "Unsung" just some choices are more clearly "Unsung"

Bill
    There are many R&B, Soul, and Funk acts that emerged out of the seventies and eighties didn't achieve grand pop success, yet are still mainstays in their respective genres. This seems to be the focus of "Unsung". Remember, in the opening of each show, you never hear them mention 'unheard of'. Clearly, the acts featured have had visible influence on today's R&B and pop landscape, but don't have the pop clout to warrant a MTV or VH-1 documentary.

I think we can add the Brothers Johnson and probably every major Funk act that emerged out of the seventies and eighties to the list of people that could be spotlighted.

pshark Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jboy88 View Post
    Heatwave is gonna be on this monday.
    Oops, I forgot about that.

What about "Sylvia"..... I always like "Pillow Talk"

uptight Guest
    Oh, right. The Friends! Yes, they MUST have their story told; Somehow I still don't think it will be.